Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 802-8g

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member badtoby's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2010
    Location
    East of oz
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    802-8g

    What are 802-8g's worth? As some of you may know I'am trying to put together a pair of 19 but now i'am having second thoughts regarding the price of admission and the lack of crossovers.

    ALTEC LANSING 802-8G TANGERINE COMPRESSION DRIVERS 23744 DIAPHRAGMS "PRISTINE" | eBay

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    802-8g


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 802-8g

    If we could do 3 inch letters here would say one word

    RIPOFF


    $400 is tops. Not in a hurry can probably get for 300. Have seen horns and driver sets for 300.

    808B with aluminum frame is 802G spec. And can recover something for the old 808 frams.

    Crap cabinets but for 1500 this is better than 1200 for drivers

    ALTEC LANSING - MODEL 19 - Custom Cabinet Enclosures - Vintage

    And REAL 19's Dayton OH

    Altec Lansing Model 19 Studio Speakers

    and Texas

    http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/2957815586.html

    5N75K45J33G73oa3N5c4ee68c7825b0381d35.jpg
    Last edited by Old Guy; April 22nd, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: 802-8g

    I agree, that price is wayyyy out of the ball park!!! >: (
    You mean like this OG?


    RIPOFF!!!
    Last edited by cradeldorf; April 23rd, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 802-8g

    He's another of those high pricers. He generally accepts on offer about 1/3 to 1/2 the price.
    These however, are just a ripoff!

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: 802-8g

    I sold my pair to a forum member (MattVandyke, hey Matt!) for $300. I bought them new in 1977.
    But then I'm a nice guy.
    Handsome too.
    Last edited by RonSSS; April 23rd, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 802-8g

    There was a pair of the 23744 diaphragms sold about a month ago for $300. Figure in about $120-150 for 80x Tangerine bodies. There should be your price.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member juniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2011
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 802-8g

    I would just wait for a pair to come up on craigs for between 1250 to 1800 within 400 miles of your location. Make sure they are in very good condition though. I purchased mine in almost mint condition with custom copies of the original crossovers with pretty expensive parts, original crossovers untouched and fully tested and remaged by GPA. I payed 1500 plus 500 for shipping. Shipping was on the high side because of all the layers of protection I insisted they provide, 7 or 8 layers of packaging materials. I have already been offered 2500 for the pair without the custom crossovers. Model 19's are a good investment and will rise in value, if they are in good shape. Good luck with your search, just be a little patient......

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 802-8g

    Quote Originally Posted by juniper View Post
    I would just wait for a pair to come up on craigs for between 1250 to 1800 within 400 miles of your location.....
    He's already got Model 19 cabs and 416-8A woofers--he really only needs the 802-8G's and crossovers (don't remember if he has 811B's yet).

    Quote Originally Posted by badtoby View Post
    What are 802-8g's worth? As some of you may know I'am trying to put together a pair of 19 but now i'am having second thoughts regarding the price of admission and the lack of crossovers.

    ALTEC LANSING 802-8G TANGERINE COMPRESSION DRIVERS 23744 DIAPHRAGMS "PRISTINE" | eBay
    Badtoby--stay the course. Once you hear the finished product--you'll be glad you were patient. I agree that $700 is a rip off. According to Magnarc "He generally accepts on offer about 1/3 to 1/2 the price." So I'd give him a shot with a reasonable offer (reasonable for you, not necessarily for him!).

    In this link that OG posted: ALTEC LANSING - MODEL 19 - Custom Cabinet Enclosures - Vintage the seller says "Components only, without cabinets, $1300. Will entertain offers, but be nice, no low balls. Contact by email or 415-706-5325."

    I'd consider making him an offer for just the 802-8G's and the crossovers. Remember, the N1201-8A crossovers ARE Model 19 crossovers with a part number instead of Model 19 "label" on them. I'd make him an offer and try to convince him that he can easily sell those woofers on ebay or CL for good money (you wouldn't be lying). Not to mention, those crossovers and 802's should be cheap to ship compared to woofers and cabs etc.......
    Last edited by voice of the theater; April 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Being of "Sound" Mind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28261621 times.