Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Network

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Network

    Could we use a JBL network on a Altec A7 for example.
    Network N4638 500 HZ.


    19
    Last edited by LICORNE; August 7th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    Quote Originally Posted by LICORNE View Post
    Could we use a JBL network on a Altec A7 for expample.
    Network N4638 500 HZ.
    With 8 ohm drivers, why not?

    I tried to find a schematic with no success. It appears it may have a bit of HF eq/compensation built in.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    With 8 ohm drivers, why not?

    I tried to find a schematic with no success. It appears it may have a bit of HF eq/compensation built in.
    I was looking at their parts department,apparently you can order them . They are not that expensive. This is the model from their cinema 4000 series .I'll try to find out what impedance it comes with.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    Unfortunately it's 4 ohms. Theres got to be a model with 8 ohms

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    Quote Originally Posted by LICORNE View Post
    I was looking at their parts department,apparently you can order them . They are not that expensive. This is the model from their cinema 4000 series .I'll try to find out what impedance it comes with.
    It's stock for the 4675C system(2446H HF and tandem 2035HPL LF). There were other driver and impedance options for the 4675C.

    I have to correct myself as this is a 4 ohm LF load, and the spec sheet gives a nominal impedance of 4 ohms. The adjustment is for HF alignment according to the spec sheet.

    http://www.iceco.com/JBL/4675c.pdf

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Network


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    Honestly not sure what the point would be, unless having the JBL name is important to you. Likely designed for specific drivers, so a textbook unit from Martin sound might even out perform it. And I really don't like electrolytics even in the LF. That's just a cheap unit that says JBL on it.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Honestly not sure what the point would be, unless having the JBL name is important to you. Likely designed for specific drivers, so a textbook unit from Martin sound might even out perform it. And I really don't like electrolytics even in the LF. That's just a cheap unit that says JBL on it.
    I don't like the electrolytics either. Any way JBL Network have different impedance out like 16 for highs and 8 for lows. I thought I could buy something new to replace altec N500 and N 800 for either the A-7 or the Valencia.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    Honestly not sure what the point would be, unless having the JBL name is important to you.
    I was expecting to hear that those particular networks were available in quantity for a very small fee.

    You used to be able to get some insane deals at JBL "tent sales", sometimes things like those networks could be purchased for little more than the value of those 'lytics.

    I thought I could buy something new to replace altec N500 and N 800 for either the A-7 or the Valencia.
    Those are such textbook 2nd order networks, why not just scratch build them?

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    I want crossovers that say Klipsch on them!!! . (ducks to avoid getting hit by the barrage of whatever you guys could grab and throw)

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Network

    The horn eq will be set for the 2446 and a big bi radial. Yukky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.