Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

Quote Originally Posted by jcricket View Post
    Are value questions allowed here? On AK they are pretty much forbidden.
    If it is oaky(I apologize if not), what do you folks think the three piece set is worth? I know it is kind of tough as you haven't actually seen them.

Maybe $600?

As to solid state receievers, I have a vintage correct KLH I might try. I do loves tubes, but that might just work for the short haul too.
    Yes, value questions are allowed here. I think you'll find some very knowledgeable people here and a pretty laid back atmosphere. Flippers who come here and post once just to see what they can flip their Altecs for and never post here other than that are frowned on AFAIK but even those people are treated politely.

You got a steal at $200 if the drivers and crossovers are all original and especially if they're all working properly (the cabs look great)! A pair of Valencias in very good to near mint condition often sell in the $600 - $1000 range (with no console). I've also seen them sell for more (and much more to foreign buyers). They are very similar to your speakers and have the same drivers and crossovers. Your Milanos are much more rare than Valencias and also come with the console (Valencias were manufactured for many more years than the relatively short production run of the Milanos). So IMHO they are worth more than Valencias. That being said, the bottom line is of course that they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. They aren't as well known as Valencias, but to the "right" buyer, your set if all original and working properly (including the console) is worth more than a pair of Valencias as far as I'm concerned.....
    Last edited by voice of the theater; September 11th, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Being of "Sound" Mind

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

Thanks for the feedback. It feels really good to know I actually got a super deal. It makes it really easy to love these even more.

I am going to open them up al ittle later today and get a look inside. I'll post some pictures of that when I am done.

jcricket

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123