Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hello!

  1. #1
    Hostboard Member Coelacanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2013
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hello!

    I'm Cade - writing from New Zealand. I am getting back into the scene after a break of a year or so, but it has been a while since I owned any decent gear. I had some K-Horns, 45 SET amps and a CDPXA7ES Sony cd player for a good while... Why did I sell them? Why? Anyhow.. Soon to embark upon an adventure with GPA604's - I've just finished building our new kitchen out in the garage, so there is room for a speaker project......


    Can anyone guide me to plans for the 20+ cu.ft. MLTL cabinet for the 604? That sounds like just the ticket to fill the gap in my life..

    Anyhow, nice to find y'all here - catch you around!
    Last edited by Coelacanth; August 10th, 2013 at 04:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member 604man's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2009
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Hello!

    See my post "604-8G big cabinets big sound" The dimensions are all there. GC

  3. #3
    HB Super Moderator
    Hello!


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Hello!

    Welcome to the board Cade ! There are numerous threads here that you may find very helpful.

  4. #4
    Hostboard Member Coelacanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2013
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello!

    Cheers gentlemen. I just showed my darling wife the pictures of the massive 21cu.ft. cabinets... The look on her face was priceless... But the wonderful outcome has been that the Stonehenge-size boxes now look entirely more respectable to her.. All part of my cunning plan, you see... Anyhow, some 9-footers with a couple of paint-bucket subs look like they will do the trick nicely... :-)

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Hello!


    alancohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon Cty, NJ
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Hello!

    The paint bucket subs will pass your WAF test? Does she have a sister?

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Anyhow, some 9-footers with a couple of paint-bucket subs look like they will do the trick nicely... :-)
    So you're saying that had I had time to respond quickly to your PM that it would have been a complete waste of my time?

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  7. #7
    Hostboard Member Coelacanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2013
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    So you're saying that had I had time to respond quickly to your PM that it would have been a complete waste of my time?

    GM
    The sharing of knowledge, when the sharing is with me, particularly when I have asked for the sharing, is seldom a waste of time, as I see it, Sir - yet your measurement system for defining 'worthwhile' will remain just that.

    I meant you no disrespect and would still graciously appreciate the information requested via PM should you find it within to deem the sharing thereof 'not wasteful'.

    On other notes, my wife is perfect and has a sister - two in fact - but I got the pick of the bunch. The single one is a nurse of all things - let's face it, nurses find the fun stuff far too unhygenic, but anyone who wants her number, I will deem it not a waste of time to share this with you :-)
    Last edited by Coelacanth; August 11th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.