Is a digital signal processor a good thing?
DTS version with the processor! I'd love to remove the handles and cover these in veneer, or something.
Altec Lansing DTS 945A F Duplex 16 inch Speakers w Digital Processor | eBay
I'd take these too.....
Matched Pair Altec Lansing A 700 Full Range Speakers | eBay
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
Is a digital signal processor a good thing?

3x 9864A $300 each BIN
Altec Lansing 9864A 16" Duplex Loud Speaker System | eBay
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA

Yup. But the passives likely have way better fidelity than old digital stuff.
The digital will suffer in the extreme highs. But with the necessary EQ may still sound better than passives. OTOH with a modern computer program, and knowledgeable user, I'd bet a good set of passives would beat that old DSP.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks