Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: GM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    GM

    Is he OK? I sent him an email to his private address and got no response. Most unusual.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    He posted over on DIY Audio on the 28th.
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    I think he was chastised for using language not out of the bible around here so he probably said.....well I can't say or I will no longer be allowed to play with you guys. Why I stay around in the first place with rules like that I don't know.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    Quote Originally Posted by cradeldorf View Post
    I think he was chastised for using language not out of the bible around here so he probably said.....well I can't say or I will no longer be allowed to play with you guys. Why I stay around in the first place with rules like that I don't know.
    Rules like what?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    GM
    We love you man. And we miss your input.
    I don't care what you said, I do not recall any thing off color , just Altec green.

    Don

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    Quote "Rules like what?'

    There were some promised in March 2012 - to replace the unwritten ones that resulted in esteemed member bfish exiting this forum.
    Last edited by mah; February 1st, 2014 at 03:07 AM.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    Hmm, thought I responded the same day, but all I found was a draft, so guess that tells you where my head's at these days.

    WRT the Altec forum, there was a period where every time I tried to browse it was either down or loaded so slow that it would time out and/or was just an on-line sales bazaar, so gave up through the holidays and since then there's been nothing for me to respond and/or add to by the time I've seen it since I'm only checking in occasionally.

    I've done a bit of posting on the DIYaudio forum to distract myself a bit from all the $%!# surrounding me these days, but not really following threads much.

    No clue what the 'chastising' is all about, though I did get told to give the 'holy sh*t effect' a rest over at DIYaudio even though I was just using the OP's performance reference and only in his thread. It didn't offend me since once it was pointed out to me I shouldn't have used it more than once. Again, shows you where my head's at these days as I wasn't intentionally trying to be 'cute' and/or testing the moderator's limits.

    Anyway, samo-samo with me except for dealing with several deaths over the holidays and some other friend's tragedies that has left me with an even more
    extremely negative opinion of our gov't. and justice system than I already had.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    GM


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    Quote Originally Posted by cradeldorf View Post
    I think he was chastised for using language not out of the bible around here so he probably said.....well I can't say or I will no longer be allowed to play with you guys. Why I stay around in the first place with rules like that I don't know.
    Rules like what Cradledorf ? There hasn't been anyone chastised here in years to the best of my knowledge..If you think the rules are too strict here then by all means post elsewhere ! I mean what rules ? The only rules here are pretty much just common sense rules to my knowledge..
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Rules like what?
    EXACTLY ABG !!! What rules ? Common Sense maybe ? Spamming posts we have no tolerance for on this site,other than that, this forum pretty much polices itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Hmm, thought I responded the same day, but all I found was a draft, so guess that tells you where my head's at these days.

    WRT the Altec forum, there was a period where every time I tried to browse it was either down or loaded so slow that it would time out and/or was just an on-line sales bazaar, so gave up through the holidays and since then there's been nothing for me to respond and/or add to by the time I've seen it since I'm only checking in occasionally.

    I've done a bit of posting on the DIYaudio forum to distract myself a bit from all the $%!# surrounding me these days, but not really following threads much.

    No clue what the 'chastising' is all about, though I did get told to give the 'holy sh*t effect' a rest over at DIYaudio even though I was just using the OP's performance reference and only in his thread. It didn't offend me since once it was pointed out to me I shouldn't have used it more than once. Again, shows you where my head's at these days as I wasn't intentionally trying to be 'cute' and/or testing the moderator's limits.

    Anyway, samo-samo with me except for dealing with several deaths over the holidays and some other friend's tragedies that has left me with an even more
    extremely negative opinion of our gov't. and justice system than I already had.

    GM
    Exactly GM... GM has never been chastised by me or Todd. I had asked the same question a few weeks ago to GM about his absence here and as GM has said privately to me just personal issues, real life issues, that get in the way nothing more..
    Last edited by Altec Best; February 2nd, 2014 at 11:06 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    I could have sworn back around early December Greg he made a comment on a post and then I thought AB said something that sounded slightly like chastising. That is when I said to myself well we won't be seeing Greg around for awhile. and being that we haven't I figured my hunch was right. But I could have been mistaken.

    "There hasn't been anyone chastised here in years to the best of my knowledge" are you kidding me? you and old guy were swinging away at each other like a couple of girls in a cat fight not more than a year ago?

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GM

    Quote Originally Posted by cradeldorf View Post
    ...... you and old guy were swinging away at each other like a couple of girls in a cat fight not more than a year ago?
    That sounds like entertainment to me :-)
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.