Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am new in Altec, and I am looking for a pair of tweeter for the 290E. Does anyone has experience in Beyma tweeters like CP22 or CP21F?
    Thanks!

http://profesional.beyma.com/producto.php

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would go with 902's on some MR931 horns, such as were in the model 14's.

Just my opinion!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your suggestion. The 902+MR931 are hard to find! Because of this, I am starting to look for substitute. I appreciate if you could tell me where I could find a matched pair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Watch Ebay, they come on periodically. I just bought a brand new horn for $62. I am eventually looking for 3 more of them. I plan on using them as a super-tweeter on my PA system. right now I have 906 drivers on horns, and they don't go very high. The 902's should fill in the upper end nicely.

Otherwise, you could get the really small mantaray horns, don't know the model of the horn itself, but they came with 902 drivers on them labeled MR902-XB (X = impedence, 8 or 16 ohms) I think just about any 2 bolt 1" driver should bolt to them though.
    Send an email to Murray from here on this board, he might have some he can sell.

Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been looking for a pair as well. The most widely used is the 125. It is high sensitive and can handle a lot of power but still sounds wonderful down low. Cheers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I can tell you that in the pro world of Audio many are liking the Beyma tweeters better than their JBL counterparts! EAW uses them in their Avalon series made for nightclub use.

Beyma makes good products, but you would still have to listen to them and see if you like them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your information! Beyma tweeter is not expensive, so I am going to get a new pair, and I am still keeping my eyes on 902.

Another question, the main different between Byema cp22 and cp21F are as following.

Sensitivity: CP22:107db CP21F:105db
    Dispersion: CP22: 40degree(conical) CP21F:140x40degree

I have no idea which one could be better choice for 290E+311-60...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For home listening, I would tend to think the CP21F is the way to go, because of its wider dispersion. 105db 1w@1m is PLENTY!

If you choose the cp22, its 40 degrees conical dispersion is the same as the JBL 2402 ( bullet tweeter ) and although its very efficient, its a high directivity, narrow dispersion device that will be beamy and you will hear the highs going up and down as you move around your room! You would use the CP22 in club installs, in center hung clusters, where they want cut through, penetration, long throw, at high levels!

The CP21F will give you a more even sounding top end and much wider coverage that wont have such a hard drop off as you move off axis!

However, you should still listen to both and see for yourself what you like better! These are just my opinions, and yours could be different!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I deeply appreciated your suggestion. I have no chance to try them because there is no agency of Beyma in Taiwan, so I have ordered a pair of CP21F from Europe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would have to agree that you would want the wider dispersion horn in your house. The conical waveguide is definitely for long throw applications, where you want to project the highs a long ways down a narrow path. You would need several of them splayed in an arc to cover your room adequately, then you would have other problems to deal with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast