Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 409-8D's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AllanCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I'd go with a 1 cubic foot, internal volume, sealed enclosure for those.

    Smooth down to about 100Hz.

    Would work well for a rear channel in home theater and for your secondary listening system.

    I built a pair for my fathers basement workshop area years ago and they work fine.

    No need to go crazy on the lumber either. 1/2" will get you by just fine.

    There may be ported designs as well for them but when I asked our chief engineer when I worked for an Altec contractor he got the 1 cu. ft. simple design from Altec directly.

    Sound quality is fine in the range they play in. forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2003
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can anyone tell me what kind of enclosure options I have for a pair of 8" 409-8D's? I picked these up cheap, and thought they'd make a great speaker to use "outside" of the "VOTT" equipped listening area. I have an old tube "console" amp I thought would be great for this "project". Does anyone have any experience with these, as far as the sound quality of 409's? Is it even worth the effort? I only hooked them to an old SS reciever for a moment to "quickly" see if they work, and made no attempt to "evaluate" their sound quality. Are they worth the effort? Thanks for any, and all replies!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2003
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was thinking about the possibility of using them for rear surrounds on the TV setup. Thanks for the info.!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.