-
March 10th, 2003, 09:45 PM
#1
kestudio
Guest
Hi folks!
I?ve got a fine pair of 604E SuprDuplex and am now looking for clues to put them into a smaller encosure than the 620!
Thought about 614 or (better) 612 but don?t know
what will happen with deep-mid or bass and how to vent.
Does anybody have experiences? Does anybody have Measurements of 604E? Or even plots ?
I have the TSPs, but I believe it doesn?t fit really.
Best from Germany, Klaus
-
March 11th, 2003, 02:34 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Klaus,
Got to http://www.linearteam.dk/winisd.html and download WinISD. You will find the 604E already in the driver database. WinISD will allow you to play with box volumes, tuning and port areas to get some insight into the range of bass frequency responses that are possible.
Jeff
-
March 11th, 2003, 06:14 PM
#3
Inactive Member
kestudio--------the 604 in the 620 is a really great performing combination--------that speaker design just needs that much space to have any good low end and there's no way around it--------in my opinion the 604 sounds so bad in the 612/614 type enclosures it makes me wonder how they ever sold them to anyone-----in such designs they are really boomy and boxy sounding and have virtually no low bass------i can only figure the sonic expectations back in the earlier days were lower.........RC
-
March 11th, 2003, 09:08 PM
#4
kestudio
Guest
Hello Richard!
That?s exactly what I?m afraid of. I see: there?s no way around the big ones :-).
Thanks, Klaus
-
March 11th, 2003, 09:11 PM
#5
kestudio
Guest
Hello Jeff!
Just did it!
Thanks, Klaus
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks