0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I have a 1568a amp and two 438c compressor amps
    can anyone tell me what these are for I know
    there audio amps but thats about it.
    They were with my uncle's things that were
    passed on to me. Also can anyone tell me what they worth. THANK YOU.......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

forums Hi. The model 1568A power-amp is a commercial mono tube amp rated at 40 watts RMS, and has all Z speaker taps plus 70 and 25 volt constant voltage speaker taps. The output tubes were an EL-34 pair. These were rugged tube power amps and were utilyzed for years primarily circa 60's for all kinds of installations from recording studios to auditoriums.....ect. Primarily these were used for PA work. I used them for years and Iv'e seen them operate YEARS.... "ON" all day long , continuously, and I feel these were some of the most reliable tube amps along with the similar 80 watt model 1569. If yours looks clean, does not have hum, and is sounding good could go for $150.00 to $400.00 each! (Some poeple you know go NUTS for vintage tube amps)

The Altec model 438C Compressor Amplifier from the last I saw is like "GOLD" to some poeple. This amp/compressor can deliver an output of + 24 dbm as a straight amplifier. It has 25 db of compression. It has varible threshold and time controls. This unit was utilyzed in recording studios, and in PA systems to control power-amp "run-away" ect. I have seen these go for as much as $400.00 or so each to persons wanting to use them in thier "modern" recording studios. forums It is amazing how TUBE equipment is coming back, vintage tube gear and old items like this 438C model, and newly designed tube mic pre-amps for use in recording today.
    AL-TEC forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION THE 1568A IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION I CHECKED THE TUBES ONE OF THE EL34 IS FLAT AS FOR THE 438C BOTH ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION ONE HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT EVERY PART I'M NOT SURE WHO DID THIS THEIRS A REBUILT TAG ON IT AND THE OTHER LOOKS FACTORY AND THE TUBES ARE GOOD. I'M NOT INTO SOUND RECORDING I PLAY AROUND WITH HAM RADIO EQUIPMENT.
    ALL OF THESE AMPS WERE MY UNCLES AND I ALSO HAD A LOT OF SPEAKERS SOME ALTEC LANCSING AND SOME BUILT IN ENGLAND BUT I DIDN'T KEEP THEM BECAUSE I DID'NT THINK THEY WERE WORTH ANYTHING. I ONLY KEPT THESE AMPS BECAUSE THEY WERE TUBE MODELS AND I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE USED FOR. NOW THAT I KNOW I'M JUST SELL THEM I CAN'T USE THEM
    CAN YOU OR ANYONE TELL ME WHERE A GOOD PLACE TO ADVERTISE THEM. THANKS......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Telh:

I could use a pair of compressors for a planned studio project. You say they are in good functional shape? If so I be willing to pay a fair price or if you to prefer to trade its fine Let me know price or what you need I have alot of stuff some of it Ham related. We should not be using the forum for this so just email me either way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is the Email in case you can't find it.

[email protected]