Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Software

  1. #1
    Inactive Member youthpublishing's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there.
    I have aquired a whole bunch of Altec Lansing Mixer amp's Model 1715

    They have microaudio Eq's in them Model 8751A

    Does any one have software to drive the eq's.

    A couple of the mixers don't work but the eq cards do. can they be modified to become a stand alone box?

    if anyone knows or has the software or knows where it can be downloaded please email me.

    [email protected]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    The 8751A was a 14-band eq card that you could plug into the 1700-series units (the 1700 series, by the way, can be repaired by IraTec Pro Audio Repair - no need to junk them!)

    The software was proprietary.

    It seems like I have a full set of the software for these - tell me what connectors the cards have on them. If they use a computer-style RS-232 port, I believe I can help you.

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 17, 2006 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member youthpublishing's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for that Todd

    yes the cards are a RS 232 plug. if you are able to email me the software would be great.
    [email protected]

    I live in New Zealand so fixing amps that are that old is not realy cost effective for us down here. the guy who fixes most of our amps said it would take hime something like 6 hours to re solder all the dry solder joints. which is a pitty. but for that price we can buy brand new amps.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Software


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by youthpublishing:
    I live in New Zealand so fixing amps that are that old is not realy cost effective for us down here. the guy who fixes most of our amps said it would take hime something like 6 hours to re solder all the dry solder joints. which is a pitty. but for that price we can buy brand new amps.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like he just doesn't want to do it or doesn't know how. I could do the job in less than a quarter of that time. I ain't cheap though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.