Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: 311-90

  1. #11
    Inactive Member John Warren's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Q-man is off-line till Tuesday (27 July).

    For those with 311-90s for sale, he will contact you at that time.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Q-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JeffreyJ:
    Q-man...
    Jeffrey,
    I didn't get to you with that email address. You can email me with an asking price at [email protected] .


    I can help you out with the 311-90's... email me.. I came over here to find someone in the family who wanted them so that I don't have to send them to Ebay...

    experiencemusic "at" hotmail "dot" com...

    Peace..
    Jeffrey
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sunnysal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BUMP...anyone have any news yet about 311-90s or 290 drivers available for sale? thanks, tony

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    I know where you can get new ones, but without the large pot casting, which adversely affects the performance by raising the mechanical resonance of the device to somewhere around 400-450 Hz.

    If you're crossing over ABOVE 500 Hz, then I can probably get you some. If you're crossing over below 500 Hz, then you'd be wise to eait until the pot casting is available on them.

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 14, 2004 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sunnysal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for the response todd, I plan to crossover at 350hz so I guess I will have to wait on the new ones or find vintage ones...please let me know if and when you hear anything. warm regards, tony

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Q-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So when will the new 311-90's with the large pot casting be available?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Q-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any answers to the above question?
    Also, Who will be macking the 311-90s? Can you tell me who to contact.

    I have four of them now and I need two more for my home theater.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member sunnysal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    since these seem so hard to find does anyone have commments on the 1003B or 1803B horns versus the 311? sound quality? disadvantages? thanks, tony

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Q-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tony,
    There is also a 803-B where the width and height is more to the size of the 311-90 which is about perfect for sitting on top of a Klipschorn bass horn. The problem with the 803-B is the depth (front to back) measurement. It is too deep for the Klipschorn once you put the driver on it.
    I have some old post on the Klipsch Forum, over a year ago, where I talked about the sound of the 805-B. I almost used it, but it didn't go low enough. The Klipschorn drops off fast over 350Hz. Then I found the 311-90 and I can't see how you can get much better with any other horn.

    I would like to know what people are using this horn for. There is a demand for them.

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    I meant the drivers, not the horns.

    For a price, the 311's could be made again - I think I know where to locate the mold...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.