Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bonding

  1. #11
    Inactive Member neil seidner's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2003
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The reference in the rule to receptacles and devices does not mean the rule only applies to outlet boxes, the rule applies to all boxes. I pointed out the receptacle requirement because the wording indicates that the rule deals with HOW the bonding connection must be done and not with WHEN the bonding connection must be done. I agree that as the rule is worded that if there are two or more bonding conductors in a box, then the box must be bonded at the box, even if the box is already bonded by some other means, or even if the box is made of PVC.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member neil seidner's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2003
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dave: I'm sorry, you posted while I was typing (I'm a very slow typer). In the case of the 4x4 pull box, I don't see that it needs to be bonded at the box. In the case of the auxillary gutter or pull box at the panel, I guess that you would splice all the grounds together in the gutter and then bond the gutter or pull box, another thing you could do is install a ground terminal strip (similar to the one in the panel) inside the pull box.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member twh's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It seems odd that two bond wires may be required to be connected to the box, while one is not. If I read the code with a mind to reconcile this, I follow this line of reasoning:

    10-610(a) does not require a separate bond wire.

    10-808(2) states that if two bond wires are present, they must be connected to the box. I don't see an exclusion for a box that is bonded per 10-610(a).

    10-906(3) would be consistent with 10-808(2) if it required a single bond conductor to be connected to the box, if it is present, regardless of other bonding methods.

    I realize that it flies in the face of trade practice; but, it is consistent.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member wacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    test to see if I can log on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •