Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

C'mon Canadian (and other) electricians, and others in the electrical industry, we need your participation to get this discussion board going. Don't let the registration page put you off. You don't need to fill in all the spaces, just the one's in bold print. By the way, you only have to register once. Logging in the next time is much easier. The easiest way to get back here to the discussion after you register is to use your browser BACK button. The topic does not have to be about the code only, other electrical, electronic, and training topics are welcome also.

Ed

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 06, 2002 04:42 AM: Message edited by: electric-ed ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the way to be found by a search engine is like this:

Electricity Electrical Electrician Electricians Electrical Apprentice Apprentice Electrician Electrical Construction Electrical Wiring Canadian Electrical Code C.E.C. cec Volt Volts Voltage Amp Amps Amperage Watt Watts Wattage Volt Amps Volt-Amps VoltAmps VA kVA Conductors Services Service Equipment Feeders Circuit Loading Demand Factors Grounding Bonding Wiring Methods Branch Circuits Electrical Equipment Bonding Methods Bonding Conductors Lightning Arrestors Neutral Grounding Devices Busbars Nonmetallic Sheathed Cable Armoured Cable Mineral-Insulated Cable Aluminum-Sheathed Cable Rigid Conduit Flexible Conduit Raceways Cellular Floors Auxiliary Gutters Busways and Splitters Wireways Cable Trays Fuses Circuit Breakers Switches Class 1 Circuits Class 2 Circuits Isolating Switches Capacitors Transformers Receptacles Lighting Equipment Electric-Discharge Lighting Fire Alarm Systems

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

twh,
    I agree that I probably should have used more keywords, but I've also been told that some search engines reject sites that use too many keywords.

I am wondering if the reason we are not getting many messages posted is the registration process. Registration is only required once. After that the posting or answering of messages is simple.

Only the items shown in bold must be filled in. The reason for the age limit is to keep kids from messing the forum up with **** messages.

After registering the simplest way to get back bere is to use your browser back button.

If any of you have had difficulty registering, would you please E-mail me at -
    [email protected]

Ed

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 06, 2002 04:38 AM: Message edited by: electric-ed ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been looking for something like this since I got my first computer about 1 year ago. I generally used the key words "Canadian electrical forum" did not get any useful results. Thank you to Joe Tedesco's site for directing me here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Ed : I notice that a large number of people read the topics but do not offer any replies. Replies are a great way to learn, as they force a person to think, and look up references in the code book. They also give a person an opportunity to ask different questions that are related to the original post. Everyone: please get involved and write something.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will be back to participating sometime in Feb.

I am in the process of relocating to Saskatchewan,
    so time is tight for now.

Great site ED!! Thanks.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just found this site back in December, and have been on here every time I log onto the net.

I think it's a great site, and everyone has been very helpful answering my questions. I have been doing my best to pass this site onto other electricians. (It's also great that it's Canadian eh!)

Happy new year, Bill

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this working?