Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: loading

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gerby's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a question for anyone? I recently had a discrepency with an inspector about loading.I had calculated a small 8 suite appt. to 400 amp service.I did not derate because there was no owner panel. Only apanel in each suite metered seperatly.The inspector wanted me to derate 70% {I used ra 90 in free air}.I guess my question is would an 8 suite appt. with no owners panel be deemed continous or non -continous load?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner electric-ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2001
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thermostatically controlled electric heating is the only residential load that is normally considered as continuous, but only for the purpose of sizing the heating branch circuits. Rule 62-114(6,7)

    The total load in each suite, including any electric heat, is not considered continuous. Rule 8-202(2)

    Ed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •