Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 26-700(12)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member p-elec's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2002
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Effective January 1, 2003, receptacles located in kitchens and installed within 1m of a kitchen sink (along the wall) must be GFI protected.

    Does anyone know more information about this? Is the receptacle ANY type of receptacle? If I were to install a receptacle < 1m from the sink for a fridge or a space saver microwave do they need to be GFI protected?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner electric-ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2001
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    This must be a local ammendment for the city, or possibly the Province of Ontario.

    It is not a requirement of the Canadian Electrical Code.

    Ed

  3. #3
    Inactive Member p-elec's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2002
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're right, I didn't realize this was only for Ontario. I'm sorry if I confused anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •