-
November 9th, 2002, 01:45 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
It's dawned on me now a good friend is someone who cares about you enough to make a hard decision. A decision which you may never fully understand, but nevertheless, one with your best interest in mind; one which might even destroy that friendship.
I've also realized that sometimes, you just have to let go of the things, which you may have cared about the most. To admit to yourself that certain things are out of your hands, to understand that you can't fix everything ,no matter how hard you may try. that the actions of true friends, might be those that you will never really be able, to understand.
Although I may never get the chance to tell you, "Thank you." For all that you've given me; I mean that in only the best way, Because of you, I now know the limitlessness of friendship. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
-
November 9th, 2002, 02:01 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
a lesson learned....the page is turned...there is a happy ending for us all..in time...wounds heal..life moves on..a dream is lost..but another will take its place..maybe not as sweet..but still there none the less..fate..destiny..karma..how do we know..we dont..we just go on...and on.....
-
November 9th, 2002, 02:22 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
I was never promised a happy ending. No matter how much I wanted one. There were many times when I had glimpses of one. Times when I felt that things could not get any better and all the bad things just melted away and seemed trivial.
I found myself walking alone again. Times like this, I find myself thinking a lot. About life, about people but most of all, about him. Passing by the lighthouse I had walked by so many times before.
We all have "thinking spots." Somewhere we head to ponder those really tough decisions or reminisce about the "what ifs?" and "could have beens..." To come to an understanding or just not even come to a conclusion at all. This inner sanctum, among the statues and landscaping was my "thinking spot." No one would disturb me at this time of night, I sat on the beach . Looking up at the dark sky above, I stared as the stars they shone lightly, and there beams covered my cheeks and hair.
I constantly had to assure myself that things were wonderful and to appreciate all the little intricacies of life. It's when you stop noticing the smaller things that life becomes uninteresting and hard. Someone special taught me that and it had been a long time since I started to take notice of these things. Alone and the surrounding silence, my thoughts turned back towards that time long ago; when, for a very brief instant, my life was complete and I had all the answers. What happened and why did life cheat me so?
My hand touched the cold sands of the beach and a cold shiver rippled through my body and I remembered it like it was yesterday. That quintessental moment that changed everything for me. When I, a non-believer in the idea of "true love," was transformed into a hopeless believer. Never wanting to hold myself to limiting ideas like Fate, a "soul mate" and true love, I now found myself entangled in them all.
It was dark yet too early to go home. I always took this route on my way home. Always stopped in this exact spot and watched the surf go wild . Sometimes I'd stand there for an hour just enjoying the moment; listening to the faint murmur of the surf . I never much preferred the alternative of sitting at home watching TV reruns like half the other people out there. The soothing night air and those stars were all I needed. Times like this, I often wondered what my high school friends were up to thousands of miles away and what the ocean would feel like on my feet again. Funny how thoughts in the middle of nowhere can make you think about far away places.
"Do you come here often?"
I heard from behind me. I never noticed anyone else around.
"What are you doing out here at this hour? It's really late."
my soul mate is here
I answered myself softly "I just think about things; about life. You?"
-
November 9th, 2002, 02:33 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
soul mates...sometimes life is cruel..it plays tricks on us..things we think are real arent..things we feel are fleeting..emotions runs high..then they fall low...when they get low..is when we hide..hide behind a mask..cover our eyes..as eyes are windows to the soul..hoping no one will see us in our misery..wallowing in pain and indecision..does it get better..we will rise again..another day..play the game once more..better this time..because we learned from our time down low...nothing gold ever stays...things promised are only just that..things...nothing is guaranteed..once we learn that we can cope...true love...what is it..where do you find it..is there such a thing..all questions of the heart...what do you do when your heart isnt there anymore...how can you answer those questions alone..you cant..so you move on to the next path life has to offer..and hope its less rocky than the one you just came down... [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
-
November 9th, 2002, 02:36 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
just having one of those girly feeling nights...*S* thats all...experimenting with thoughts............
-
November 9th, 2002, 02:43 PM
#6
HB Forum Owner
sometimes..we need those..i spend too much time alone thinking...i'm gettin out tonite..gonna raise the roof..let it fall where it may..forget me..and all that is me..for a time..cuz it'll come crashing back soon enuff....
The hardest thing I've done or that I'll ever do
Was to just walk off and leave you
But I knew I had to leave you
'Cause I couldn't stay and watch you
Falling out of love with me
The worst pain that I've ever known
Or that I'll ever know
Was to see your love-a-dying
And to have to watch it dying
And I couldn't stand to watch you
Falling out of love with me
Chorus:
I'm hurting now, but still it's better
I left while love was still alive
It was dying and I'd rather
I didn't have to watch it die
The loneliest I've ever been
Or that I'll ever be
Now that I'm without you
But I couldn't stand to watch you
Falling out of love with me
I'm crying now, but still it's better
I left while love was still alive
It was dying and I'd rather
I didn't have to watch it die
where does it go when it dies...can it come back..or is it gone forever...now there's a thought to ponder....
-
November 9th, 2002, 03:00 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Every word you whisper
All the tears you hide
You die for love when it's alive
But where does love go when it dies ......
"We all want to fall in love. Why? Because that experience makes us feel completely alive. Where every sense is heightened, every emotion is magnified, our everyday reality is shattered and we are flying into the heavens. It may only last a moment, an hour, an afternoon. But that doesn't diminish its value. Because we are left with memories that we treasure for the rest of our lives."
-Unknown
"Relationships--of all kinds--are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost."
-Kaleel Jamison
If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."
-Unknown
[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
-
November 9th, 2002, 03:06 PM
#8
HB Forum Owner
I am here to tell you we can never meet again
Simple really, isn?t it, a word or two and then
A lifetime of not knowing where or how or why or when
You think of me, or speak of me, or wonder what befell
The someone you once loved so long ago, so well
Never wonder what I?ll feel as living shuffles by
You don?t have to ask me and I need not reply
Every moment of my life from now until I die
I will think or dream of you and fail to understand
How a perfect love can be confounded out of hand
Is it written in the stars
Are we paying for some crime
Is that all that we are good for
Just a stretch of mortal time
Is this God?s experiment
In which we have no say
In which we?re given paradise
But only for a day
Nothing can be altered, oh, there is nothing to decide
No escape, no change of heart, no any place to hide
You are all I?ll ever want but this I am denyin?
Sometimes in my darkest thoughts I wish I never learned
What it is to be in love and have that love returned
Is it written in the stars
Are we paying for some crime
Is that all that we are good for
Just a stretch of mortal time
Is this God?s experiment {God's experiment}
In which we have no say {In which we have now say}
In which we?re given paradise {If only for a day}
But only for a day
{Is it written in the stars}
{Are we paying for some crime}
{Is that all that we are good for}
{Just a stretch of mortal time}
Is this God?s experiment {God's experiment}
In which we have no say {In which we have now say}
In which we?re given paradise {If only for a day}
But only for a day
-
November 9th, 2002, 11:23 PM
#9
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#f7f7f7"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Blazey:
The worst pain that I've ever known
Or that I'll ever know
Was to see your love-a-dying
And to have to watch it dying
And I couldn't stand to watch you
Falling out of love with me
...</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
[img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
-
November 10th, 2002, 12:16 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Friends are always there for you and so is family.
This thread reminded me that you got to tell everyone that you love, that you love them.
This seemed like a sad story and maybe there will be a happy ending.... to life and more.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks