Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Exercise!!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2000
    Posts
    2,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    now that i've recovered from having the baby, i've been more physically active.......i'm just curious about all of your exercise routines, if any *G

    what do you do? when do you do it, and for how long? do you have certain days where you do different forms of exercise?

    come on, let's hear about your Body Moving! *G

  2. #2
    willow witch
    Guest willow witch's Avatar

    Post

    Weight training and cardio on monday's, wednesday's, and friday's. More cardio all the other days. I admit, I've been seriously slacking of late......my trainer pitched a fit, but hell, what do I need her for? I know what I'm doing now, and besides....I'M ON VACATION!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

    The complete workout from stretching to cool down usually takes about 1 and a half hours.....Ouch! But a couple of weeks ago I took a half hour kickboxing class and I swear it felt like I worked my body harder than ALL the times I did weights and cardio put together. Might say screw it and sign up for the class, and forget the rest....you would think we'd have invented a stay-in-shape pill by now.......

    [This message has been edited by willow witch (edited November 08, 2000).]

  3. #3
    willow witch
    Guest willow witch's Avatar

    Post

    Oh yeah....kickboxing is a GREAT stress reliever!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R@@@nt In E~Minor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2000
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I run roughly six miles Monday to Friday-do 45 mins of yoga and kick the crap out of a punchbag whenever I'm pissed off (which is quite a lot)

    I did Karate for about 10 years but it trashed my fingers and toes so I gave it up.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2000
    Posts
    2,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i have my choice of classes, but i havent decided which one i want yet.........a friend of mine takes Karate and she's not only in great shape, but she seems a lot calmer in demeanor, and she keeps telling me to sign up with my daughter *L..........right now i just stick to my stretching, walking, weights and a yoga tape.........i havent clocked it, but i live in a really hilly neighborhood, so i have a route that ends up down the hill at the rec center, where there are treadmills and weight machines...........so i go around to them for as long as it takes to do my reps and/or time...........then for a cooldown i go back up the hill (which is a few blocks from my house, but it's a long hill) where i do more stretching..........that usually does it for me *G

    i'm leaning more towards some type of dance class though........something with music, but kickboxing sounds cool, i've considered that before, in fact, just before i got pregnant!

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Më£ïñÐa's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2000
    Posts
    4,971
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    i walk to the corner market to get cigaretts when my car aint workin biggrin

  7. #7
    Inactive Member orangerhythmjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    tues and thursdays 2 hrs a night training for footy can be circuits or wahtever.

    Game on a sunday.

    maybe a game on a friday night depending on the numbers for the old dudes.

    circuits and boxing at home depends if i am in.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R@@@nt In E~Minor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2000
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Karate is good for getting fit....it works all muscle groups...plus it mentally trains you........does that sound farty??

  9. #9
    Inactive Member orangerhythmjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nope i read that about martial art i read bruce lees moves allow you to understand oneself and be flexible si it true rantmaster

  10. #10
    Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2000
    Posts
    2,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i knew something smelled weird in this thread....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •