Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

give me a situation with which ya fav songs fit best..... like whats ya fav drivin tune?... or ya fav first thing in the mornin tune?.... or whats the one song that puts u to sleep each night? or whats that one song ya always throw on when u got that special someone commin over?

------------------
    how did i get so far gone?
    where do i belong?
    where in the world did i ever go wrong?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

good thread...and i wanna be first to post...*S

driving....."its a great day to be alive"

thoughtful moments..."into the mystic"

music...is food for your soul...there is a song for everything....

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm, my favorite music changes almost as much as the weather. FOr driving music, if traffic is bad, there is a CD by Brian Eno called "Music For Airports" that is the only thing that settles me down. I am a monster behind the wheel. I can't listen to heavy metal while driving. THere is something wrong with my CD player in the car, whenever I put metal in while driving it bumps the accelerator up ten miles an hour.
    For music when with a special someone, it depends, there are different moods which call for different music. I guess if I am with a special someone, maybe the music isn't the most important thing on my mind?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well my fav tune when i wake up is Killin in the name of by Rage against the machine

my fave drivin tune be Roadhouse bluse by the doors

my fav song before i go to bed is Halcyon by the Orbital

best song for when you crave music but ya just don't know what to throw down is Eric Claptons B minor jam

my fav track for when it's a beautiful sunny mornin and you still havn't slept from the night before is some deep house track that takes a sample from bjork and mixes it beautifuly into a track so deep it could make u cry.... sorry but i don't know the name of the tune... but i will look into it next time i'm shopping for some wax

my fav track for when i'm feelin down and out about the way the peeps are in this world is by Ani Difranco tis of thee

my fav song for when i gots da blues is by John Lee Hooker and Van Morrison... neva get outta these blues alive.

and i'd have to say best alround play it at anytime and your gonna gain somethin from their words and music.... is bob marley.... and bob dylan.... two of the best lyracists ever.... and there isn't a time or day that i wouldn't throw on either one of the Bobs *s

there are so many more that i could go into but i will at a later time... hell i havn't even gotten into what jazz and hiphop do for me.... *L

------------------
    how did i get so far gone?
    where do i belong?
    where in the world did i ever go wrong?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aaaaauh! music!!
    theres nothing like music live!! rockbndsm I've been addicted to concerts, forever... smile
    After see'n Linkin Park live, i can hardly listen to the studio CD versions of them...
    They rocked in concert!!

When it comes to favorite listening music, that changes all the time..
    there was like, three years straight, when i had my 5 CD changer Sterio filled with the old Metallica CDs... played morning noon and night, Christmas eve, ect ect
    *L* now its Disturbed biggrin

I agree! its great to catch, Roadhouse blues by the doors on the radio, when your driving on a Friday or Saturday night...
    or kashmier(sp?)by ZEP on the way home from party'n, in the twilight hours...

*has always been a hard rocker or metal head, which ever way ya wanna say it!! biggrin
    <font size =1><font color=black>

[This message has been edited by M?????a (edited August 19, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sticks a big old magnet to Mel's forehead, stands back and giggles

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have way too many fav's to list...rock is my thing most of the time..but thanks to NoN i have heard some different stuff..I liked it too btw..*G*
    Mel and i must have the same taste..I love Kasmir!..well not the same taste on everything..*LMAO*

------------------

Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

hmmm, it's kinda hard to pinpoint exactly when i listen to what, since i don't really make it a conscious decision what i listen to most of the time.....it does depend on what mood i'm in, though, i just might not be aware

well, let's see, i'm a fan of a lot of different kinds of music.....i'm with mel, though, i like groups like Linkin Park and Disturbed, Incubus, Slipknot, Deftones, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Godsmack, that are current and heavier......i also like older metal, like Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Motorhead, Metallica....

lately i've been downloading a lot of techno and industrial, like Rammstein, Crystal Method, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Portishead, Massive Attack, i like NIN....

TooL is a great band, in the same vein as Pink Floyd, YES and Jethro Tull....they're intelligent music biggrin

there's a song called "Evolution Revolution Love" by Tricky and Ed K from Live, that i find catchy.....i listen to a techno radio show out of NYC on saturday nights, which plays remixes of all kinds of songs....it's a cool show, and i like how techno and electronica can suck me into the music and put me in a trance biggrin......great when you're stoned

then i like classic rock.....that'll probably always be my favorite; The Beatles will always be my #1 favorite band of all time and genre....no matter what mood i'm in, good, bad or anywhere in between, putting on some Beatles never fails to uplift my spirits.....there's something about those songs and the impressions they have left on me throughout my life that works like an elixir, especially if i sing along to them.....the only thing i can compare that with is what they've said about classical music having an affect on babies and animals *LOL*

i like 80s "New Wave", too, like everything that came out of the UK in that decade, all the dance music......the Cure, the Cult, Depeche, Squeeze, the Police......Rant calls me an 80s throwback.....*throws it back at Rant*.....hehehe

i can chill with mellow music sometimes, too, like i love acoustic guitar.....Cat Stevens does it for me when i'm feeling mellow and pensive.....Duncan Sheik recently put out a new CD of folk music.....i never got into Dylan, really, although i can't argue that he's a brilliant writer...i like his songs better as poems cuz his voice and harmonica irritate me *L.....Paul Simon/Simon n Garfunkel's always good

there are a lot of women acts i like too, like Fiona Apple, Hole and Stevie Nicks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alice in Chains unplugged

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

music to drive to stereo mc's connected
    music to sleep to Stevie Wonder - Innnervisions
    Music in the morning depends .. massive attack blue lines
    music for parties...house tech house breakbeat
    other shit listen to ...talking heads...doors...beatles......stone roses...happy mondays...james brown...funkadelic......bob dylan.....the jam ...the clash....the police....depeche mode....kraftwerk...run dmc.....public enemy...jurassic 5...de la soul....mr scruff...pprtishead..happy mondays....
    other stuff

listen to dj's alot

layo and bushwacka!, giles peterson, goldie, krush...derrick may...carl craig...robodisco...terry francis...etc etc

------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast