Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

actually, Xenia, i was just about to respond to that very same comment *L

"no casualties"????.....i think someone needs to recheck his facts on that one...at the very LEAST a lot of people have come home with "mysterious" illnesses and all kinds of other cancers from the chemicals they were exposed to over there....if you also mean "casulties" in the sense of corpses, i just have two words to say to that:

--------->SCUD MISSLE

we lost some of our troops there as well...shot down in flames, like my sister's old boyfriend....

thank you for respecting me for acknowledging that racism is alive and well in America, however you seem racist yourself with your "especially in the South" remark......racism is EVERYWHERE!!!! it's all over the place, not generalized in just one region! not just in this country, either....you claim you take people on an individual basis, but then you proceed to lump the South together *G

and Americans are not hated the world over.....granted there is a lot of Anti-Americanism out there, but as heidi's other thread "from the world" (i think it's called that), shows, we have plenty of supporters the world over too.....i was stunned and warmed to see the displays of sorrow and support we're receiving, from nations that i never thought would embrace us in that way

guys, try not to get pissed off at unpopular opinions.....we're really gonna start seeing a lot of diversity in the ways this has affected people and we're going to disagree on it somehow, somewhere.....a little tolerance would be beneficial to ourselves, since we can't control someone else's thoughts and feelings.......everyone is having their own personal reactions to this situation and it is surely bringing out a great deal of ugliness from people.....dont let those terrorist pricks divide us even further...agree to disagree, unless someone is truly going out of their way to be abusive....and if i lose sight of that, please feel free to remind me....

PNSONR

Arrow

hey Patrick McMahon, aka Alpha Male

i'm trying to remain calm as i see you're only 19.

do us all a favor and
    SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I cant help but laugh at this...Im Canadian as everyone knows...but I am a newfoundlander first..Canadian second..and as I sit here and watch someone from Ontario talk about Americans being racists is too funny..I have never seen such racism since I moved to Ontario..and like in the States you will find racism in every country..from all different people....I even get sterotypical remarks here about being a Newfoundlander ..How we (newfoundlanders) are all stupid..etc...*L*...
    As for you're comments on anything else..Im not even going there..You are showing a true lack of intelligence hidden by mispelled big words...Come back when you know you're facts and we actually have something to debate.

------------------
    BITCH!..Its not only an insult...Its a way of life.

Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oooooooooo K so much for tolerance *LOL....think it was necessary to post the kid's name tho? *wince*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you would all be better off watching ABC or cnn coverage of this crisis than debating here. I have been extremly gratified by most of the coverage and the level of discussion and information so far given...and ....just thinking more about it...,about say the possible consequence3s and your attitudes to it especially if it takes a very long time and involves many future losses.
    I offer NO prayers....only a trust in humanity and the values` decisions and efforts which will have to sustain its future existence as our (the world's) only viable future.`

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was that his real name?..*L*..I figured he was young....I mean he would of had to be..
    As for what we would be better off doing...I watch CNN I read everything I can get my hands on and I have always been a news fanatic even before this happened...As for debating here..I didnt even see any or anything that was worth it...As I recall this thread started so people can express their emotions...Or should we watch Oprah for that?.. biggrin

------------------
    BITCH!..Its not only an insult...Its a way of life.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont' think my one televsion plays anything but CNN? I should have the cable company check that out? *L* .....but in all seriousness, I thought this forum was kinda like chats answer to Oprah? I come here, frustrated as that gets me sometimes , *L*, to see what others are thinking and how they are reacting. *S*...and when I come here, and I post what I think, its because I have the right to FREEDOM OF SPEECH...any of you also have the freedom not to read my post or my opinions, and with that I'd like to say have a great day, and well, I kinda prefer NBC to ABC....that peacock is kinda pretty *G*

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpha i have one comment for you. remember that when you point fingers at people... there are 3 more pointing directly back at yourself. nuff said.
    *smooches heidi* Newfs are the nicest peeps in Canada wink

------------------

PNSONR

Arrow

sorry leo,
    but i wanted to make sure he knew i was talking to him. and it's just the name on his icq profile, which may or may not be real.

what i meant to say was this thread or even this board is not the place for some of his statements.

"What a very trajic day, my hands have shook all morning...I cant fathom what is going on.... it makes my heart ache and my stomach turn,My prayers go out to all the families and all the children..... so very sad!!"
    Myra
    9/11/01 10:56

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Phant, well, these people here are friends. I can't talk to jerks on the newscasts like Peter Jennings, who don't know facts and call our leader a coward. These people on here I can talk with. A lot of these people I disagree with strongly at times. But I have also seen a side to them that I never knew existed. I can't get that from the evening news. I never understood the motives of people that have to come in here and make sure to tell us how silly we are discussing things here? I have always respected you, although we are probably as opposite in beliefs as you can get. THis doesn't make me respect you less, but maybe it's time you respected us a little?

------------------