Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Non i have to disagree with you here hon.... america has been there for many countries in distress. slowing down their arms race will not result in other countries slowing down THEIR arms race... all it will accomplish is allowing those other countries to catch up and surpass america. and the day that happens i will truly be a frightened canadian. there is a certain security in knowing our neighbors to the south of us have our backs. i, for one, support any decision they make in terms of defending their country and other less powerful countries in need... cuz someday canada could BE one of those countries.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mark my words.
    "America will not stand by and tolorate these terrorist acts. Someone will pay for what they've done. There is nothing that can be said or done to make up for those lost today. But a small amount of justice is all we can hope for.
    It may get worse before it gets better, because undoubtably war is at hand. And war is hell. But the world can not stand back and let this sort of thing happen. The war has already started today. This is only the begining. The Domino Theory, that's what scientists call it. One thing happens that triggers another, and another, and another.
    And in the end all will be revealed. No matter how wonderful.....or hideous the result."

------------------
    From the foggy mists of the Medicine Bow Forest.

First member of:
    Gangstas of Luv

"Leave me alone don't want your promises no more,
    cause rock n roll is my religion and my law,
    won't ever change may think it's strange,
    you can't kill rock n roll it's here to stay."
    -Ozzy

PNSONR

Arrow

this is no time to argue.

the entire world should be in mourning or you don't belong on this planet.

------------------
    spache' valisamo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Non the bombings in the middle east that you're talking about were because of other acts of terrorism....when the us embassy was bombed. Probably by the same person who did it today...bin laden. Some of his hiding places were bombed as well as where they were training terrorists.

Im in no way a brainwashed american I dont stand by everything the us government does but there is absolutely no justification at all for this type of crap.

And to play devils advocate in a time where so many people are hurt...after watching people jump to their death etc. is just in very poor taste. There's a time for discussion but this thread is not that.

sorry if someone already said that but i read non's post and had to reply.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say i really agree with sam on this one...you are showing your age on this thread.

------------------
    mollusk angst

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

words cannot express the sorrow I feel for what has happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to all that has lost family or is unsure of where their loved ones are.. Xenia.. I hope you can reach them soon.

we know it won't be over anytime soon. Not only a sad day for America, but really for the whole world.

------------------
    Embrace Life ~ Live~Laugh~Love

Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

thank you, everybody, for your sentiments in the face of such a terrible day....*hugs you all*

rotten.....now i know what it is that makes me keep coming back to you....we think so much alike on the IMPORTANT issues and when the shit hits the fan, you're extremely supportive and thoughtful....finally i'm able to figure it out *L

don't put Phix down, he was only expressing himself and his thoughts.....maybe yesterday wasn't an appropriate time for it, but how can there not be discussion about this? i think today would be the day where everybody's just gonna want to talk and do their speculating, etc....*hugs Phix*

[This message has been edited by *Leo the Lioness* (edited September 12, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sam it is the Hebrew transliteration of the Mourner's Kaddish. It is the traditional prayer recited when someone dies (and every year after that on their Yartzeit--anniversary of their death.) I'll find an English translation for you.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

K I have to say this..... Yesterday was a tragic day for all of us! All over the world, like the president said it was an attack on our freedom, NOT just the freedom of the United states but the freedom of the entire world. IT was not a day to argue about who did it or why but a day to mourn the loss of those who perished, to mourn the children left without parents. To mourn the loss of our freedom! Save the arguments for when it matters!
    I'm sorry I had to say this.... It breaks my heart to see the fact that someone can put an arument about whos fault it is or who "Deserves" it..... Noone deserves what happened yesterday.......
    *leaves my 2cents*

------------------
    Hold fast to whats important and never let it go!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hardly know what to say, I am overcome with sadness, my heart is heavy, aching... I have even questioned my faith? I try to be strong... my sister made it home, we finally got the news, but my brother in law didn't. There will always be a heartache and often a silent tear, but always precious memories of the days when you were here. We hold you close within our hearts and there you will remain, to walk with us throughout our lives, until we meet again. You are in the arms of the angels, we love you Peter.....

------------------