Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: AQUARIUM!!!!

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner SummerStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2002
    Posts
    4,520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    i want a fresh water one

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are A LOT easier than saltwater.

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner SummerStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2002
    Posts
    4,520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    sounds like it

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Salt water you pretty much have to test the water daily and so on. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to try salt water eventually. Truly though just to have a place to set up a 50 gallon freshwater would be lovely!!! I'm sorry you lost some of your brood...gonna replace them soon?

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay this is Spaz. He is in the middle of all those shells on his side. We are pretty sure he is molting which is something that they do and they appear dead when they do it. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    SpazNekkid

    Right now we aren't going to replace the others in the salt water...we still have the damsels and they are doing great. We are going to see if the landlord will allow us to get a larger aquarium to do salt water so we can keep the one we have now as a med tank.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OMG...I had never seen one without its house...That is freakin awesome!!!

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Funny looking little sucker. He is still alive and I think if he was going to die he would have already. I think when Daniel did the hyposaline treatment which killed the shrimp and we took Spaz out and put him in a bucket with the normal salt water that putting him back in stressed him out really bad. SO...now he is an exhibitionist and seemingly is molting. But the kicker is that from what I have read that molting is easier for the marine crabs than the land crabs and doesn't take very long. So I have no clue. I am just trying to leave him alone and let him do his thing and since we only have the 2 damsels in with him they won't be likely to hurt him.

  9. #19
    HB Forum Owner phoenixrising79's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2007
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am starting to hear AFTER the fact, that trying to run a saltwater less than 30 gal is next to impossible.... I wish I had known this $40 ago before we had lost those fish.... I really like the clown fish and my shrimp... *sniff, sniff*

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Uh yeah....that little tidbit would have been nice to know. Although Spaz was trying to run around in his too big shell and was having a hell of a time. It's so big and fairly light shell wise that he was kind of bouncing through the tank in it...LMAO. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •