Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Okay...we got fishies for the salt water aquarium. We decided to wait until we get a house to get a Lionfish so we can have a HUGE aquarium for it. Anyway, we got a couple little damsels a maroon clowfish and a hermit crab and a banded shrimp that looks like the size you have for dinner. The royal blue damsel is Dolly, the lighter colored pale iridescent one is Shy, the clownfish is Rooter and the Hermit crab of mine is Spaz (he really is a spaz) and the Shrimp is Spike cause he looks like a walking pincushion. More babies for the house. Aquariums are awesome and so far so good. If any of you want to set one up make sure you get the gravel or sand and the water all set up and then let it run with the filter and such for a good 3-4 weeks roughly. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*yay*

dont'cha just love the peacefulness, the deep stare at an aquarium? [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have two...one is a tropical and the new one is a salt water one. The salt water one is more expensive by a long shot and harder to maintain. I LOVE watching that silly hermit crab I got in there. He's a destructive little shit...LOL. Hubby put the airstone in and tied it down with gravel and the hermit crab ran over to it climbed on top and proceeded to dig it out...LMAO. I swear the little sucker is on crack. The Lionfish are cool but we're gonna wait till the girls are a little older and not as apt to stick their fingers in to play with the venomous fishy. That and once we have a house we can get a huge ass aquarium for them. They are VERY relaxing to have around. If nothing else you can always get a fishbowl with a betta in it for Nat. Bettas are easy to take care of and don't require all the filters and pumps the bigger ones do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

we want one but we're gonna wait til Nat is a lil older so she doesn't go push the thing over or anything...she loves fish tho

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't wait to have a bigger place so we can have a bigger aquarium...I have 2-2gallon with just males Betas and one 10 gallon with Mollies, Guppies, Zebra Barbs, and some algae eaters...need to get a plecostomus in there too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pecostamus get HUGE...ours was like an inch and a half long when we got him and he's now double that if not a bit more. And he's the most skittish damn fish I have ever seen. He constantly hides in the archway thing with the plants on it we have in there...LOL. All you have to do is walk up to the aquarium and look at him and he scurries away. On a side note...salt water aquariums are hard to maintain. My little clownfish has a form of saltwater ich which is common for those type of fish and in trying to fix it by doing a hyposaline treatment we thought we killed my hermit crab. Keep in mind I woke up to this...and I LOVE that damn crab. I think Rooter is gonna be okay and Spaz seems to be snapping out of it since we put him back in the salty salt water. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

we've talked about gettin her a betta...i want to get a table for her room she can't tip first

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the shrimp is dead....and the clownfish looks like he won't make it. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Yeah you also want to make sure she doesn't decide to take the fishy out of the water and pet it. Bettas are really easy to care for though. Saki does perfectly fine on top of the entertainment center. He is cool....he begs for food and will dance around the bowl if you come up to it...sometimes he'll even come to the surface and let you touch him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

hmm mihg tdo that the entertainment center would be a good home...sorry 'bout your shrimp and hopes the clown fish does and about face

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Freshwater bath...seems to be helping. And we're talking to him...which probably sounds silly but they respond to human interaction. So hopefully he'll pull through. We've had aquariums before and researched doing a salt water one A LOT before we did.

IF YOU HAVE NEVER HAD AN AQUARIUM DO NOT OPT FOR A SALT WATER AQUARIUM...THEY ARE NOT FOR BEGINNERS. IF YOU WANT TO DO A SALT WATER AQUARIUM RESEARCH IT COMPLETELY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ATTAIN ONE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast