Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I wanted to do something more this year for 09/11 but as a lot of people do we get caught up in living. But I hope that anyone who does read this does check out the website I post and read the poem that I wrote on that fateful day five years ago. The poem was written on a whim after I had found out what had happened. I don't know if any of you remember what you were doing that morning when you heard the news and watched everything happen. But I was on my way to work. I found out as I got to work and everyone was just in complete shock. I think in a way a lot of us still are. The day progressed and most of us were just stunned as the events had unfolded and wghat was happening. You always hear about the possibilities but until it actually happens you never really think that those possibilities will EVER become a reality. And that reality is what leads so many of our fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, husbands, and wives, and various other family members from home now and for the past few years. And the sadness that cannot be quelled just by saying "everything's going to be alright" because you know that somehow...just somehow once that first tower fell...the world was going to change. To the people who were lost...may you rest and peace and know you are NEVER forgotten. To the Troops fighting the war...stay strong and come home safely...we're behind you. To the President...FUCK YOU for all the damage you've done and all the lives you have cost this great nation...see your own fate in the hands of others and you have brought forth blood upon this country by your own hand. I support the lives of the lost, and the ones who continue to fight but I will NEVER support someone who would spill the blood of his own countrymen on their own soil for personal gain. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Dedication by: Kristin Marie Smith Date written: 09-11-01

The lines had been drawn
    And then they were crossed
    No going back
    To what was lost
    The tears are shed
    In a moment of dread
    And fear rides high
    Like the winds that sigh
    And the angels cry
    For all of those who were lost
    In an act of war
    Please bring us peace
    So we cry no more.

Remember The Blood Of Heroes

<font color="#F0FFFF" size="1">[ September 11, 2006 04:41 AM: Message edited by: BlackMagicRose ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For all those who lost their lives and the ones who continue to fight and serve for our country. NEVER FORGET [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

588436jkxpd8gxcr

<font color="#FF7F00" size="1">[ September 11, 2007 11:14 PM: Message edited by: BlackMagicRose ]</font>