Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UK hunts bombers as more attacks feared

[i]Investigators are scrambling to hunt down suspected al-Qaeda bombers who killed more than 50 people in rush-hour London, to stop them striking again.

A day after four bombs tore through three underground trains and a red double-decker bus, commuters headed to work again on London's *******d transport network, some fearful, some defiant.

"My granddad called me last night and told me I had to go to work today," said Sally Higson, 36. "He's 89. He lived through the war and said it was important to carry on as normal."

The attacks - which ministers and senior police said bore the hallmarks of the Islamic militant al-Qaeda network - were London's deadliest in peacetime and coincided with a summit of the Group of Eight (G8) top industrialised countries in Gleneagles, Scotland.

London police chief Ian Blair told a news conference that more than 50 people were killed in the blasts and 700 wounded.

Eight Australians are among the injured - five women and three men.

Advertisement
    AdvertisementPrime Minister John Howard in Canberra today put the figure at 52 dead.

In London, though, Balir insisted that precise figures or the final death toll was not yet known due to the dangers of reaching some of the underground blast sites
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would Like to Pay tribute to The Special Forces ..They took a hostile situation and Made it so Totally in control...The British people stayed so calm and while Watching them on Live telly did and followed the Guidence of These Men and women .... It was a lesson We all should Try ((if ever and god hopes this will end soon)) and learn from .I cannot not imaging what it would be like to experience this situation I Live in a land of No Strife like this.....I have here a Father Grandparants Mother Sister Two Little people and there Mums and that thought of them in need scares me alot.... With reading The report and Listening to These peoples words ..... I know it is correct...Theses People are here to put terror in Our Souls if they do then They have won...I will remember those words......We can Only Pray this will Stop soon .......[i]

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ July 08, 2005 09:07 AM: Message edited by: SoulAngel ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFFCC" size="1">[ July 08, 2005 08:03 PM: Message edited by: SoulAngel ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[i]..Yes Chloe they are on Different soil and yes I have many Friends All Over The world threatened By such Actions...It was Not the Friends I was aiming this two it was the People in General is All I have Three Friends in London who are Australians (They are safe)...Last I heard there were 8 Australians Injured None Dead. I am sick to Think I could lose anyone of My friends,Family Or any
    Life due to Such actions there are Far to Many Natural Ways and Accidents take love
    ones from us.I have Not Looked at where They are from I have watched and felt
    for them all as Mothers Fathers Children and worried for them all Plus there families and again there children
    I have a Friend in UK who works in the forces and Hearing that Fear of Not knowing of there familys safty is what I speak....This is Why I mentioned My Family in Australia For if I was to be in that very same situation it would be terrible To know My family would be so close yet would they be safe........Terrorism is everywhere and with strong minds and Hearts maybe Life will get better.....Iam Blessed in the Life I have...I have been protected from some things.... as we all Have....I dont take that for granted I do treasure it I am Australian and So is Our Family and Proud of It....[i] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

You have a brother and... friends far and wide too.

THese attacks are on different soil than yours and yet im sure when all is said and one, Australians will be amongst the casualties... therefore, this is your blood and soil.

These attacks won't end soon I feel. Unrest and conflict are ours to keep for time to come unfortunately.

My heart and respect goes out to the city of London. Everything i've read and heard shows what a great city they are and how they did an outstanding job in the face of adversity.

Terrorism is everywhere, we don't notice as much tho until 4 bombs occur within minutes of one another. Yet, daily... senseless acts of violence are carried out in the name of conflict.

I dont know you but you appear to be very, very blessed in life... treasure that SOulie... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Terrisim is a terrible terrible thing.. living on the gold coast i am in the target area for terroism yet i feel no ill toward these people as i live amonst them and have have befriended many it is none these that are the "Fanatics" and are suicide bomber it is the one that feel so much hatred for the west including us aussies and our way of life that they want us to live in constant fear i say **** it they cant **** up my life any way, i feel for those who have lost loved one greatly but think about the families in iraq and afganistan who have lost small children due to war in there countries.. what have these innicent small children done to us.. i am appaled that mr howard is sending more of us to afganistan, this is not done with my blessing, after all they were saying about human shield these children in these countries are used as safty nets for the bomers and the allied armies who find killing inncient family muslums as acceptble you should be ashamed of yourself mr bush and mr howard and any other ****** who thinks they speak for me ... god help any guy that comes near your little child how would you feel buring a baby who is dead by ******* war... get out all of you , and leave these people alone.... you ******s are why we are getting attacked..
    GOD BLESS the australian army guys hope you come back with no blood on your hands,.... there are pizzas waiting for you and an payed eagle boys guy who is waving his sign of support for you poor ******s