Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Poetry

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner phoenixrising79's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2007
    Posts
    695
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Spirits of the Dead-"Edgar allen poe"

    Thy soul shall find itself alone
    'Mid dark thoughts of the grey tomb-stone;
    Not one, of all the crowd, to pry
    Into thine hour of secrecy.

    Be silent in that solitude,
    Which is not loneliness- for then
    The spirits of the dead, who stood
    In life before thee, are again
    In death around thee, and their will
    Shall overshadow thee; be still.

    The night, though clear, shall frown,
    And the stars shall not look down
    From their high thrones in the Heaven
    With light like hope to mortals given,
    But their red orbs, without beam,
    To thy weariness shall seem
    As a burning and a fever
    Which would cling to thee for ever.

    Now are thoughts thou shalt not banish,
    Now are visions ne'er to vanish;
    From thy spirit shall they pass
    No more, like dew-drop from the grass.

    The breeze, the breath of God, is still,
    And the mist upon the hill
    Shadowy, shadowy, yet unbroken,
    Is a symbol and a token.
    How it hangs upon the trees,
    A mystery of mysteries!

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Road Not Taken
    by: Robert Frost

    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

    Then took the tother, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy ans wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,

    And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
    I took the one less traveled by
    And that has made all the difference.


    From "You Come Too", 1916
    List all poems from "You Come Too"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •