Thread: so there's a "high" speed pursuit on i-40 this morning.....

TastinGood

Anyone else see it on TV?

It was a guy in a dump truck and he had...well ya know, I dont really know the story because after it was over I flipped the channel....but it doesnt matter.

So this guy takes off from 430 onto I-40 headed West. Throwing all caution and much good sense right out the window he starts blazing through traffic at an unbelievable 65mph.

As the police cars stuggle to keep up, he maintains his pace through the heavy 10am Maumelle traffic. He passes one car...then another! Soon however, he is approaching the Mayflower exit. What's he going to do? Right past that it turns to one lane and he risks getting hung in traffic!

I had to go to the other room at this point to answer the phone.

So I get back and he is speeding down Hwy 89 at at LEAST 45 miles per hour.

Just when the excitement has reached the boiling point, he starts to slow.

The cops, finally being able to catch up, start to close in. And just then, in the blink of an eye, he throws everyone a curve. He turns RIGHT! Into a driveway under some trees.

At this point you couldnt see anything because helicopters cant see through trees (damn them!). Then you see the cops walking him out to the squad car.

That was all well and good, I guess since it's better than "Good Morning Arkansas" (now that Joan Early isnt on there anymore [img]wink.gif[/img] ) but I just wanna know why we cant ever get the exciting chases like they have out in LA!?

Oh well...I guess this only proves one thing. You are right, DJ...I do post some worthless shit sometimes. Add this one to the list!

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the guy should have at least smashed some stuff before giving up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont' know how to respond to this...seeing as how it is only 9:30 in the morning....i don't see how he could be flying through 10am maumelle traffic....was this today (wednesday) or yesterday (tuesday)?

TastinGood

um....it was tuesday