-
Well Mel you wanted to know what it was like to live in India so I thought I might as well just start a thread.*S*
Um I have no idea where to begin...I lived in India for a mere two months and I know that 1 day I'll live there again. My time there was the most life changing experience I've ever had.
It's strange but it was weirder coming back then it was to go there...before you leave you mentally prepare for the new culture but it's coming back to your own that is difficult.
So Mel I don't know what you want to know so ask away and anyone else for that matter*S*
-
I sent you for a Kashmiri Korma 6 months ago! geeeeeezzzz! That will be the last time i phone your company for an Indian meal http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/frown.gif
------------------
I will carry you through, kicking and screaming, and in the end you will thank me.
Internet Addicts
The FightClub Forum
InternetTerrorists.org.uk (as seen on TV)
ITerrorists Forums
-
hmmmmm! *thinkin
You got any pics???
if you got sum i'll get them posted for ya!!
what did you do while you were there???
Did the people treat you any different???
Why did you pick India to go to???
Was it disappointing to come home???
Where did you stay???
I jus never get the chances to go ANYWHERE so i just like to hear about other peoples when they go...n...stuff http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
-
*thinks back to those 38 rolls of film* Yeah I got pics mel...I'll scan them and send them your way.
Being a girl and white at that, I was treated very differently. In India the caste system is still very prevalent despite what some may say, and the rights of women are minimal if from a lower caste. This does not change if you're from another country...it was hard for me to get shop keepers not to rip me off and richshaw drivers to do the same*S*...ah the richshaw*L
I didn't really chose India...in fact when I first found out that I was going there I was less than thrilled and now all I want to do is go back...but the rest of the world waits and I want to see other places before I do that.
It wasn't disappointing to come home...just really different...I started to get really affected about the poverty that I was seeing because it was everywhere in India. I visited "homes" that housed 9 people and were not much bigger than your tiniest of bathrooms and with a lower ceiling.
My first month there a group of us stayed at an apartment in Bangalore and the second month we room and boarded in Hydrabad*S*
-
Kay this is a pic of one of the happiest days of my life...the little girl's name was Gita and she never wanted any of the other kids to play with me*VBS*
http://members.theglobe.com/melspg/juuly.jpg
The next one is pretty much what some of the slums look there
http://members.theglobe.com/melspg/slums.jpg
And this one is of people that lived in a leper colony
http://members.theglobe.com/melspg/leper.jpg
And my basic mode of transportation*sigh* how I miss those things*S*
http://members.theglobe.com/melspg/rickshaw.jpg
And this was the "bathroom"*LMFAO
http://members.theglobe.com/melspg/squattie.jpg
Kay I hope this didnt completely bore you but Mel asked and I complied*S*
[This message has been edited by M?????a (edited March 29, 2001).]
-
-
Whew..I thought it was only me..*L*...I wanna see those pic's dammit.. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/frown.gif
-
you fools...i can see them fine pfft
-
I can't either Blanca...Kerala...post em right you dork *L
-
my!God! it wasnt even easy with this piece of shit! browser NetCrap!!
I had to try like three times each pic to get it from e-mail the right fuckin way!
NetShit! just dont work right!! I want my IE back so bad i could cry!!
it's 2pm and i've been workin since 5am this morning try'n to get all the pics to work...
here and on the baby pic thread...
i'm tired!!
There wonderful pics Kerala I'll post on them when i get some rest ..k...*hugs u http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif