Is this game in PV or Coeburn?
Printable View
Is this game in PV or Coeburn?
Well since they played 'em at Coeburn earlier in the year, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's at PV.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Just jerkin your chain TimBo....
Your an Ash hole!!! You know that!
I didn't know! I was at work bro!!!!!
I'm not missin another game all year!!!
Coeburn will beat em by about 10 or so
Not if they play like they did against Kelly last night they won't.
Coeburn needs to get their collective head out of their arse and play like they were earlier in the year--as a TEAM. They played smarter basketball during the first part of the season--didn't turn the ball over as much, scored the ball, played tough defense the turned into transition buckets. Just seeing the progression from the beginning of the season until now...the fellas aren't making the extra pass. There are a few players trying to be heroes, and they're not playing within the team concept. That cost us an LPD loss and probably a shot at the district title last night.
I am no basketball expert but from what I have seen Coeburn needs to figure out what you do with 2 big post players, feed them the ball down low and take the easy 2 or at least draw the foul. Not using them low cost them in the GC game.
Well, part of the reason why they couldn't be used down low was foul trouble. Coeburn needs to get back to good defense without the fouls. They're sloppier on D in terms of moving their feet and reaching more than they were early in the season. Don't get me wrong--you know I love the boys as much as anyone--but if something's wrong w/what they're doing I gotta point it out. Constructive criticism really.
I don't see foul trouble being a problem if they are not out on the perimiter. It is the same at all levels anymore, skunk is just following the trend and using 3-4 guards and 1-2 forwards and utilizing a low post. But following the trend doesn't allways work especially if you have the personell to play old school. But it is like I said I don't claim to be any kind if basketball expert, football is my thing.
Foul trouble has to be a problem with our big men. Our bench goes deeper with perimeter players that are Varsity ready than big men that are Varsity ready. I mean if Pate and Ogre both have to sit--who rebounds? Especially if the other team's not in foul trouble. Defense on the inside used to be real simple--either Pate or Ogre would show against a guy with the ball down on the block, and whoever wasn't on that guy came across looking for the blocked shot and a guard/forward fell down to the other block to cover for whichever one of them went for the blocked shot. Defensive rotation, even in man-to-man is killing us right now.
Though I will say this--there were a few kids from Kelly that shot the ball better than they usually do last night, from what I had seen of them so far. #20 (Sproles), #15 (Mullins), and Evan Bolling shot better than I had seen them do when I watched them play in the Clintwood Tourney. Gotta give them credit--but, there was plenty of other stuff we could have done on D that would have neutralized that and maybe won the game for us.
Like I said--we're gonna have a war Friday @PV, just because it's @PV and that's how it always is. I want to see Coeburn's kids come out focused and motivated to get back to playing ball the way they were earlier this year.
I think that I have been misunderstood as far as the foul trouble situation goes. I am saying that foul trouble wouldn't be a problem because if they were playing a more natural position they wouldn't be getting the fouls to have to worry about. I know it is a problem when they get them and aren't on the court but my position is don't put them in situations that give them a higher chance of getting fouls on them.