Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Isn't it amazing to realize that this topic has been running for four years now!

We have survived the closing of Pathfinder, the debaucle known as SciFi Sites/SciFi Vine, and have found a congenial home here at Hostboard.

Let us raise a virtual glass in toast to our online friendships, may they live forever.

Bee
    (who lost an online friend to cancer this weekend... May we meet in the place where there are no shadows, Joyce.) [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll drink to that! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well this is it, my last post before exams. Tomorrow 9:30-12:30 is the wonderful "Doctrines and Methods from Kant to the Present Day" followed, 2:30-5:30 by the delight that is "Current Issues in Theology".

Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck, Baze.

(Hope the theology doesn't go into how many Catholic priests can dance on a laywers head...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well that was one of the questions I was ready to handle, but unfortunately it didn't come up. These exam papers, eh? Never deal with the important stuff... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Currently nursing a killer hangover thanks to being met out the back of the Exam Schools by a bunch of mates ready to party and a bottle of champagne. Worth it though!

First paper went ok, second one I think I tanked. Oh well. There's still the dissertation to come.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Dissertation?

Paging ProfCrash...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I finally made a page for my favorite photo from my trip to I-Con back in April.
    New photo of Aaron [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bee,

a) Love the antlered picture of Aaron

b) I am so sorry for the loss of your friend

Everyone,

Hip, hip, huzzah! My brother defended his dissertation yesterday and it was accepted (subject to fixing the typos and cleaning up the formatting). I am convinced that it was accepted on the merits despite the fact that he plied the committee with a chocolate decadence cake with raspberries and strawberry lemonade. Mom and Dad are on vacation so I had to do the "I'm so proud of you" phone call as well as the "I love you, you will be fine" phone call the previous night. Then I passed around the word to relatives while he went to a bar with friends.

I am SO proud of him. Now he has to do the cleaning up of the document (all 330 pages of it), submit the paper work to Michigan State for them to actually grant the Phd and start packing for his move to Newark, NJ and new job at Seton Hall University.

On a more somber note, it looks like his guinea pig is dying of bone cancer.

And I seem to have tendonitis in my left wrist.

But my uncle and his husband adopted their second child last week. Jacob is now a permanent member of the family. And Joey's biological half-brother is the new foster-baby in the family.

I have jury duty in July.

Life is very full.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, y'all. I've been around, just didn't have anything to say.

First, howdy Baze. Glad you're here.

Bee, the picture of Aaron with antlers is priceless. I loved the picture of the kitty, too. Congratulations on your scholastic accomplishments, you're obviously far more gifted than I am in the brain department. And I'll echo what Absom said, you've climbed all the way up from Hell using your fingernails and wits and I salute you. You deserve all the wonderful stuff that comes your way.

Polly, congrats to your brother on the PhD. I'm never going to have one of those, it must be a terrific feeling. My condolences on the guinea pig's illness. And jury duty is no fun.

On my end... not much to tell until today. My father-in-law called this afternoon to tell us my mother-in-law has throat cancer. All those damn cigarettes. I've been after her for over 20 years to quit, and she kept saying she was addicted, she couldn't. Well, she's quit now. Damn it, I wish it had been a voluntary choice. This sucks. Her surgery is scheduled for the 17th, and we all hope that they can get it all and she won't lose her voice. She has the most wonderful voice, throaty because of all those cigarettes, probably, plus with a British accent. I'd rather have her around even if it means losing the voice, but I hope she doesn't have to choose.

On the slightly more cheerful side, I sent two stories in to magazines and will send one more tomorrow, so I can start my rejection letter collection. Wish me luck.

And any prayers in my mother-in-law's direction are sincerely appreciated.

Cheers, y'all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Fan,

You and your family are always in my prayers, as with most of the folks here, and other places I go. Good luck on your stories, I'm sure the pile of acceptances will far outshadow the pile of rejections.

Polly, great to hear about your bro's PHD, and it's always nice to hear about a couple I can relate to being granted custody of a child. So glad Rosie finally came clean and stood up for us.

Baze, it's been almost a month since you've mentioned it, How's the Diss' goin'??

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 26, 2002 11:19 PM: Message edited by: sindatur ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First off, Fan- I'm praying for your mother in law. Hope she gets well soon.

Sin- the dissertation is coming on all right, but it does seem to be taking an age. I've got vast piles of books all over my "study" which I know I want to use, but not sure where to put the information once I've got it. Agghh! I'm hopeful that it'll be done for the deadline though!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast