Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Bumping the topic up; I didn't want it to get buried.

Also, Bee, I don't know if this beats your using a credit card for the car, but I ended up paying our taxes with a credit card this year. The company I work for didn't withhold nearly enough, and I had to cough up over $5000. Nope, that's not a misprint. And yes, there are supposed to be three zeroes there. It sucks to be me.

Ah, well. Things could be worse. I'm glad they aren't! biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck, Polly. And Fan--$5000? Good Heavens! Why didn't your employer take more out of your pay? I'd be livid if it happened to me. I thought our's was bad. $676.00. I think I'd better stop whining.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, everyone.

I got to spend some time with my family over the weekend. My uncle and his husband brought the kids down - Joey, as you know, is now officially adopted and is ours forever. Things are progressing as rapidly as possible with Jacob.

Joey is 4 and 1/2. He pretends non-stop these days, and we have hit dinosaur time. There was a Disney computer generated movie called "Dinosaurs" and he loves it. He changes between being the hero (Aladar) some of the mean characters that are part of the group of good guys, and the biggest meanest one of all (Carnotaur - so mean he doesn't even have a name). You never know these days when you are going to have to go off to visit the tail store to get a new tail. He is just a joy and a wonder. Physically he is still very small and thin, but he is a little taller, and I just melt when he turns those huge dark eyes on me. He is starting to include his brother in a few activities. It is great to see him hold out his hand and say, "Jacob, walk with me."

Speaking of Jacob...what a cutie. He has lengthened a bit and is walking and running all over the place, though he often prefers for my uncle to hold him. And this kid has a smile that could light up a concert hall with its wattage: the dimples, the cheeks, the way the corners turn up and deepen. Jacob is also talking. Some of his favorite words are "druk" (truck - used for most large wheeled vehicles), "ilk" (milk - used in conjunction with the sign language sign for milk), "tajo" (Tadzio - the name of their cat, used for any cat), and "doggie" (doggie - used for any animal that isn't a cat whether live or observed on "Animal Planet").

And finally, I got to meet my newest cousin (acquired in the more common biological way), Jared. He is 3 weeks old and still weighs only about 6 pounds, so there isn't much to him. He lies there, occasionally waves one hand or both, pushes a leg out, opens and closes his eyes and sucks on a person's finger. Other than that it is all biological funtions. My cousin and his wife are seriously sleep deprived. I'm almost surprised they can stand, never mind walk and drive. It is also amazing that anything that tiny and human can be alive. There just isn't much to him. It will be fun to see how much he changes when I see him again.

Before I left for the weekend, I sent out a few resumes - one to the IRS and one to a legal education company. Wish me luck!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Fan, you must have gotten the two line tax form.

Line 1: How much did you make?

Line 2: Send it in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by QueenGOP:
    Fan, you must have gotten the two line tax form.

Line 1: How much did you make?

Line 2: Send it in.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, so *that's* what happened! LOL! biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speaking of taxes, I just filed mine. I didn't wait until the last minute, I had 3 minutes to spare. biggrin
    I did like the opening message, which noted, that I should call back if my call got disconnected if there was a power outage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

LOL

I got mine in with 12 hours to spare. Hey when you are giving them money, whats the hurry?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi all. Well the place I applied called me today and offered me the job that I've been waiting to hear on since Last month. It's only about a 16% pay cut and my house payment will be about half of what my rent currently is. Plus if I moved my time table up a couple weeks, I get a nice sign on bonus to start by the 1st rather than starting in the middle of the month as I had prepared for. LOL, now I got pressure to get it done in time rather than worrying if the job will come through in time. We are talking to a realtor today and probably run up that way this weekend to check some places out. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Congrats Kimball!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it's good to see some of you folks again. I registered here and on CZ hoping I would be able to hook up with everybody at some point. Queen GOP, I don't think I've seen you since the gathering in Cape Cod. We never posted the same topics. Howz it going, girl?

Bee, I feel ya, girlfriend regarding buying your car with a credit card cash advance. I did the exact same thing back in 1995 when my CRX died during my years of unemployment. I barely had enough money to pay the rent, let alone buy another car. So I bought a $1800 car with a cash advance (the card only had a $2000 credit limit, but a 20.?% finance charge...ACK!). Look at it this way, be glad you HAD a credit card to use to buy the car.

Fan, if I had to pay that much money in taxes, I think I would just put myself out of my misery. There is no way on this earth I could EVER pay that kind of money. My credit cards couldn't even cover that. Fan, there had to be another error somewhere in addition to not taking out enough taxes out of your checks. I mean, 5 grand...that's beyond insane.

Polly, glad your uncle's family is going so well. Any speculation on when Jacob's adoption will go through?

I started my new, new job last week. It's a little early to say how it will go. Even though my position is funded by research money (AGAIN), unfortunately I'm not doing research. The work itself won't be as interesting as the new job I quit, but it will be much less stressful (which is why I quit the other new job). I also don't think I'll be able to get to chummie with my co-workers; they're very cliqueish and the niceness is quite superficial. Still, as I said, it's much less stressful, it's better pay and better benefits so it ain't all bad.