Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Just a quick hello, folks.

Yes, I did meet Polly's brother for dinner the night he spent in Erie. He is very personable and, like his sister, very knowledgeable. I had a wonderful time chatting with him about a variety of subjects. I even got to meet Koa, the guinea pig! I gave him my best maps and instructions for finding Polly's building, took a couple of photos, and bid him safe journey for the next day.

I've been busy for the past month and haven't checked in here for several weeks. I had to prepare for the the 33rd Annual Gem and Mineral Show, our local rock club's main fund-raising event. We had a very successful show--almost as many paid admissions the first day this year as we had in both days last year! I'll get the final numbers at out September picnic meeting.

Besides the show, it has been beastly hot here. I have an air conditioner in my bedroom so that I can get a decent night's sleep, but the rest of my apartment averages in the low 90s most of the day. Add in the humidity, often in the 90 percent range, and this place is close to unliveable. I tend to veg out in front of the tv or hide in the bedroom when I'm not in school.

I thought that school would be a haven in the heat. I was sadly mistaken. Put 15 to 20 computers in a room, add as many people as there are computers, and then try to cool it with a small wall unit that is several decades old. It isn't working. I'm glad that I have only 3 more days of classes this term. I can't say what my final grades will be--I haven't met my usual standards and don't even care at this point! I just want it to be fall with its cooler temperatures. [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

Time to head off. Be well, all!

Bee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I decided to move my site after I finally got a response back from the Tripod people. Their response was basically that they just reduced my webspace, but didn't offer a reason for doing so other than just because. I liked it how they reduced it from 50 to 20 MB and then said I can upgrade to a paid account and get 5 MB more.

Sooooo, I moved. If anyone wants to check out my pics from the Maine Ren Faire, you can see them at http://rantarn.50megs.com/renpics/renpics.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, my brother did make it to my aparment the evening after he left Erie and he finally made it to his own place last night.

Things were getting a little testy between us after a solid week of him sleeping on my living room floor. He could't understand why I didn't want to kiss the guinea pig on her mouth and I couldn't understand how he could look me in the eye and say that he didn't think he could spend much more than a few minutes fixing up his apartment after work when his work ended at 4:00 PM.

I ended up taking Monday off even though the furniture arrived on Saturday so I could unpack his stuff (books, cds, tapes and art mostly) all day Monday. It was the only way to get him off my floor and into his own place. Then I made him spend another 2 hours unpacking his clothes. That was Monday. He did enough more on Tuesday to check out on Wednesday. I woke up this morning to a a blissfully unoccupied living room and a refrigerator emptied of guinea pig mush.

No one ever babied me this much when I moved. Not once. Our parents once left me in an apartment in New York City with nothing but my boxes and a partially filled air mattress. I guess there are some advantages to being the "baby."

I love him a lot, but I don't want to live with him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ya be a saint, Polly. Problem with being the "baby" is that everyone cares for them...even after time passes and they're supposed to be on their own.

Refused to lock lips with the guinea pig? [img]eek.gif[/img]
    Hey, I feel sorry for anyone who'd get romantically involved with him...unless they're guinea pig owners as well (with the same fetish).

Aye, ya be a saint, Polly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saint PollyMath...I like the sound of that. And he is working at a Catholic university, so you never know what might happen.

Enough. I helped more than I really had to. I know why I did it. By the end, it had nothing to do with helping him and everything to do with helping me. I now have my bags all over the floor where he used to be sleeping so I can start packing for my trip to Canada.

I know he is capable of moving without a family bail out. He did it at least once in Hawaii and once in Michigan, I think. Just not when there is family help available.

I'm going to help again Saturday with putting together the IKEA dresser, and maybe hanging a few pictures. And that is IT!

Saint Polly...it does have a nice ring to it. But don't you have to die in some unpleasant way to get there? Like running away from defilers or or burning at the stake or something?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AsIs ---

I really meant it when I asked about going to the NY Ren Fair. It is a bit of a haul for me. Probably longer for you (I know you are further west than I am, but I'm not sure how much further south), but it looks like a blast.

And they are open every weekend until September 15th. Any interest?

Or did I miss something and you are no longer in New Jersey. With my attention span these days, it is certainly possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PollyMath:

Saint Polly...it does have a nice ring to it. But don't you have to die in some unpleasant way to get there? Like running away from defilers or or burning at the stake or something?
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh...not according to my "Altar Boy" reference book. Generally, it involves a situation where your morals and beliefs are severely tested, and you refuse to succumb to the less than ideal ideals presented to you. As such, I submit that you passed the following trials without a change being made to your beliefs and morals (or morals and beliefs depending on if you're right or left handed).

A) Guinea Pig incursion
    B) Baby brother life style

Now, I can't get a clear idea whether this makes you a minor saint or a major saint. Having said that, I'm sure the rest of the individuals in this group will agree that you easily fit into the "Major Saint" catagory.

For those that disagree, you are enthusiastically encouraged to keep that malinformed opinion contained.

Ya'll have a good weekend

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Oooops, sorry Polly. I forgot to reply. Yeah, sounds good. I just started a new job at Target, actually on Monday and I am off some weekends now, unlike before.

Let me see what my schedule is for the next few weeks. I'll try and give you a call next week to catch up. *hugs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Let this be a reminder... if you ever meet me in real life, you may end up with your own photographic web page. :>

Go to Daniel and Koa to see a photo of Polly's baby brother and his pet g. pig. [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, my aunt has suffered no pain from her cancer or stroke, only mild discomfort.

However, as of 4am she is no longer with us.

I have yet to hear why, considering how confident the doctors were of curing her just a few weeks ago.

I shall be returning to Wales to be with my family tomorrow, so I may not be online at all for a bit. You all take care of yourselves!