Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: concerts in 2004

4Jettheads

Sparklelynx didn't see any rock concerts this year ? That tears it. We'll get ya a deferment from overseas duty on those grounds alone. It's in there in the fine print on the second page somewhere. How ya 'spose to be like red,white and true blue if ya don't have any honest to goodess, born in the USA, rock and roll. It's unAmerican to even think it. Life do have priorities.

famveronica

Smile

Hey Farmer.........
    I was wondering, what do you think of the queen of pop MADONNA ????
    Iv'e been a Maddy fan for over 20 years and i love he'r.
    What a lady and God what a show she put's on.
    She's the greatest entertainer in the world...

kingfozzy

Wink

Hey Ella,

Starz did a short tour of the east coast and
    a date in Texas. And it's 4/5 of the original line-up. They have a bass player replacing
    the late Pete Sweval. This is actually the 2nd
    time that they've hit the road in the last couple
    of years. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Check out the official page at....

http://www.starzcentral.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEY! I saw Slipknot twice. The first time (at 'Tattoo the Earth' 2000), the dummies burned-down the stage with their pyrotechnic cannons before Slayer was able to take the stage.

Barely mattered, though. The lead singer of Slayer has turned Straight-Edge, and was preaching to us in the front rows to quit pot. That ******* even pointed-out some smoking-fans in the crowd to roaming-cops.

famveronica

Wink

Hey i saw Slipknot and Slayer too a month ago in Oslo, great!!!!!!!!!

4Jettheads

REVED:"Barely mattered, though. The lead singer of Slayer has turned Straight-Edge, and was preaching to us in the front rows to quit pot. That ******* even pointed-out some smoking-fans in the crowd to roaming-cops."

Are you serious ? Those Kellogg fruit loops. What was that George Carlin once said ? "Religion is a fine lift for your shoes, but don't start nailing heels on the native's feet."
    I still scratch my head how Slipknot got so popular. I've heard 'em and if I did pay to see that concert, I'd sue to get my money back. I don't know what kinda music and that's really stretching term "music" they call what they play, but it ain't rock and roll. More like noise pollution. I'd rank it right up there with **** rap and hip-hop.

4Jettheads

Ronnie Blue-eyes, I do like Louise's earlier tunes, but I kinda lost respect for her in the later years. She sold out to corporate America and her music suffered. Kinda sad. That's happened to so many musicians in the last 20 years, it's getting tougher and tougher to find truly original material unless ya hear about a band or individual through the grapevine. JerseyJett introduced me to a couple groups I like: Live On Release (Canadian) and Lava Baby from New York City. LB has a song on there CD from 2 years ago called "Sex Junkie" that's not just funny, it's good rock and roll. I've gotten partial to indie groups in last couple decades cuz it's just better music. There's more originality and spirit when some zoot suit exec isn't telling you what they do and don't want. Same thing happened to Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Corporate America took over and that was the beginning of the end for one of the most innovative rock and roll bands in history. "elcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend-come inside-come inside." Brain Salad Surgery -Excellent album

4Jettheads

OOPS, lost the W on the welcome lyric. So anyway, on the material grrrl, I've only got her "Like a Prayer" CD. "Spanish Lullabye" is a good song. Kind of on that same style, Belinda Carlisle did a really good song a few years ago titled "La Luna" that never got any air time. Figures The video is pretty decent too. [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Iowa Farmboy:
    REVED:"Barely mattered, though. The lead singer of Slayer has turned Straight-Edge, and was preaching to us in the front rows to quit pot. That ******* even pointed-out some smoking-fans in the crowd to roaming-cops."

Are you serious ? Those Kellogg fruit loops. What was that George Carlin once said ? "Religion is a fine lift for your shoes, but don't start nailing heels on the native's feet."
    I still scratch my head how Slipknot got so popular. I've heard 'em and if I did pay to see that concert, I'd sue to get my money back. I don't know what kinda music and that's really stretching term "music" they call what they play, but it ain't rock and roll. More like noise pollution. I'd rank it right up there with **** rap and hip-hop.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jajajaja witty reply. Well the first time i ever saw Slipknot was at the Pledge of Allegiance tour in 01'. Awsome show one of the best! They shared the stage with Rammstein and System of A Down. Their show, pyro and set list was i gotta admit pretty damm cool THEN.
    At Ozzfest this year they were three words
    Boring
    Mediocre
    Struggling

I can tell they have some serious issues in the band and with the music. Their new material is uninspired and their current stage act is getting old. Honestly i prefered to lay on the grass under some shade than try to watch their show with all the dust and dirt and sweaty moshers. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12