Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh yes the brand release of:
    The Derek Trucks Band live at the Georgia theater.

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since Lady " MADONNA " is in the BIG APPLE over the next week I've been listening to her old music such things as. Feels like I'm going to lose my mind, you just keep on pushing my love over the " BORDERLINE " HOLIDAY, Can I " DRESS YOU UP " in my love, all over, your body Yummy... Ha...
    [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

..Miz Jettser, The artist formerly known as Madonna now wants to be called Ester...Hmmmm
    ..JettFord, I have heard several cuts from Melissa. I enjoyed the two tunes (titles excape my feeble brain cells), But I was expecting something Bigger.
    ..Greg, When I started getting into music in the 60's (oh lordy I'm an antique, ain't I). I had so many influnces, My step father was into country and had a collection of 78's from the 40's. My older sister was into blues and jazz and had a good collection of Lp's. My brother was into top 40 pop. So I had access to all thier collections so I learned to appreciate music with out worrying about lables.
    I loved the blues so when I started hearing the hybrid that the British bands started playing I was hooked. I discovered the Stones 1st Lp through my brothers collection. The Yardbirds, Troggs, Pretty Things and others that I can't remember now.
    My all time favorite was Humble Pie. The interaction between the late Steve Marriott and Peter Frampton was awesome. I wore out a couple copies of the live Rockin The Filmore Lp.
    I then started following Clapton, The feel and texture of his guitar playing is unequaled. I loved the Yardbirds, Blind Faith, Cream, Delany & Bonnie & Friends. I saw Derek & the Dominos on the Johnny Cash TV show in '69 and was just in awe.
    Look what ya started Greg... I could go on & on but I'll wrap this one up.
    I will fade into the back ground with a simple...Peace...
    <marquee><font color="red">I got the blues in my body... The rhythm is in my hips</font></marquee>

I wanted to be rich & famous when I grew up... But I just became Roger...

SCHEMESofNEON

think the last cd I bought was the Cure's -Greatest hits(studio an acoustic 2 cd set )Lately I've Been jammin'in the [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img] to my Runaways cd's, ( to an from work )..."Messin' with the Boys" is next on my list ...
    Depending on my music mood , thats what I listen to.anything from Hendrix to Bay City Rollers, Linkin Park/ Motley Crue....sometimes on Sunday mornings [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] an I listen to classical or Yanni

[img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Greg, they have been playing a Franz Ferdinand song on the radio here lately and I do like it a lot. Can't wait to hear what else comes down the pike!
    Have not yet heard Badly Drawn Boy but will keep my ears peeled! I seldom buy a CD until I've heard and enjoyed more than one of the songs from it.
    I can always record a song off the radio if I like it!
    I love Jack Bruce btw and hope he is doing well. I hadn't heard he was having medical problems!

NYJ, are you going to see Ester?!?!? I hear she is doing John's IMAGINE in concert now! //oo\\

Charlie, thanks for the email you sent re the Derek Trucks Band. I'll be checking it out later on!

Ellanoize, I love the british blues rock too. Yardbirds were always one of my favorites. The Troggs! Great memories there. Have you ever heard The Troggs Tapes which is a long recording of the band trying to record a song in the studio but they were fighting with each other so much that they never did finish the song. It made the rounds as a novelty many years ago!

SchemesofNeon, I too have been listening to The Runaways CDs a lot since I got them! So much more convenient than the lps. Never really listened to the Rollers. Did you know Ian Mitchell is a Rocket City Records artist? You like a wide variety there 4 sure. Yanni? WOW!!!

I have been listening to my Cherie Currie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] solo stuff mainly of late and Great-Gosh-O'Mighty, do I love her voice!

Rock on folks!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since the mid-90's or so, I've lost interest in the mainstream music scene with few exceptions. In spite of it, these are some diamonds in the rough I've purchased lately. Unfortunately, they get little or no air-play.

1. Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet
    2. Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
    3. Kiss - Carnival of souls
    4. My Ruin - Speak and Destroy (do a rundition of 'Tainted Love' that I like
    5. Jerry Cantrel - Degradation Trip
    6. Jane's Addiction - Strays.

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 20, 2004 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Mister Frosty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a matter of fact I've got the 'Queens of noise' CD playing in my stereo right now. Just found it at Tower Records last week.

I'm really amazed at the music considering the ages of the group when it was recorded. Cherie's voice is almost angelic... and to think that Lita Ford came up with guitar riffs like that as a minor. Whatever happened to the days of females playing bad-*** Rock N Roll? I'm not hearing anything like that from Avril Lavagne, that's for sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Couldn?t agree more about Clapton, Ellanoize! As Jack Bruce said recently ?he?s still the best there is?. Hendrix was brilliant but in his latter days he went downhill fast, his gig at the Isle of Wight festival was very sloppy. Simple motto..

Don?t do Drugs!

Ask Peter Green! Actually it was American GI?s who played a huge part in the Blues Explosion. In London everywhere closed around midnight apart from the Jazz Clubs. Places like the Flamingo and Klooks Kleek started adding new Blues Bands on a Thursday evening and it soon took over from the Jazz Bands because GI?s especially coloured guys preferred raw R?n?b. Georgie Fame was resident at the Flamingo and introduced Geno Washington one of the many Yanks who stayed and based themselves in England.

As I was saying to Gus, there?s always been a lot of cross fertilisation between out two countries. I mean, I am still waiting for a French Rock n? Roll band! I?m sure Cherie would agree that as all-American girls they were influenced by the Brit Glam-Rock scene as were New York Dolls. I met those guys, Johnny Thunders and Johansen and you couldn?t get more American than them. When they turned up in Manchester, they were in a local Pub and having them in there was like a scene from Scorcese?s Goodfella?s. It?s hard to believe but the New York Dolls are gigging right now over here in the UK, sad that only Johansen and Sylvain Sylvain still survive.

Well, I?m rambling on as usual ? I could talk all day about the Blues guitarists, one of my favourites simply for his unique playing was the late Rory Gallagher. Dunno why the best have to die but that?s life.

Wanna say something about the site I?m on. Don?t think it?s Anti-American by any means, there are few more Pro-American than me. I guess I just miss the days when America was about Jimmy Stewart, Bogart and Cary Grant rather than Snoop Doggy Dog and J-Lo. I hope it?s not true but to me the USA seems to be goin downhill morally and I wish it weren?t so.

At the end of the day, you guys gave us everything from great movies, TV shows to music. Nothin more so than the Blues, all we did was steal if from ya!

To me Cherie is one of the last Great Americans, sassy, sexy but with a heart of gold. You may not agree with all I?ve said here but I think we agree there.

p.s. If you like the Beatles you?ll love Badly Drawn Boy. All 3 are great but I would take a listen to the 2nd album called ?Have You Fed the Fish?, eccentric english lyrics with lovely melodies ? surprised he hasn?t made it over there, he?s much better than Coldplay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greg, you caused two or three brain cells to collide and make a small spark with your post...How could I not have mentioned the REAL Fleetwood Mac. The three guitarist were just tremendous. I have a Italian Import called the Collection that has about 25 songs including some live cuts... It seems like my dusty Lp collection is a tribute to the great ones who have passed on.I liked Rory Gallgaher a lot, Another favorite was Paul Kossoff, His version of Molten Gold with Paul Rodgers on vocals can cause shivers... I will be honest, I don't know if this band was British or not, But Savoy brown was a major influence on me. I always tagged them in the British blues scene... I think it was amazing that American blues artist starved over here playing juke joints for change, But they were held up by heroes by the young British players. The London sessions series were great, I have the Muddy Waters and Howling Wolf and Bo Diddley sessions on scratchy vinyl...I am also a punk at heart, I loved the dolls and I saw Johnny thunders and the heartbreakers about a million years ago...
    Hello Mister Frosty, I have heard the version of Tainted Love, I like cover songs that bring something a bit different from the original...Yo G-Dude, A long distant wave of the hand...

...Peace...

"I like the face in the mirror, But I ain't sure he likes me"
    Rog

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

You forgot ...Alvin Lee..johnny winter & John Mcglockin.......................& Stevie ray v.

But Am a Big Mighty Zep fan....So "Page" is the man..He can play sit-tar/ mandolin/acoustic guitar/Bodbran/ Double neck+ /the hurdy gurdy/ electic guitar/Banjo/Egyptian Ensembles/&the use of a violin bow on the guitar& Everything under the sun.....

My early two-fer tuseday is from the 60s

Donovan.........Hurdy Gurdy man....
    Donovan.........Mellow Yellow....

2nd Part....Runaways....Is It day or night
    Runaways....Heartbeat.......

& A Big KISS FOR c/c
    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 21, 2004 06:30 PM: Message edited by: STINGRAY 427 ]</font>