Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

A regular Roger Cronkite huh Schemy?!?!
    You go Ella!! I love daily reports and such! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Who knows, maybe Delvin Tew himself will provide an "on the spot report" or two! He said to tell you he thinks you are doing a bangup job here and he thinks your journalistic integrity is like a beacon of light in an ever-darkening news world!

I am enjoying your reports too dude!
    Up keep the good work!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TODAYS NEWS:
    Courtney Love is celebrating after winning back full custody of her daughter Frances Bean Cobain.
    She lost custody last year, after she was hit with lawsuits for drug possession and assault.
    A judge in Los Angeles decided her daughter is better off with her mother and granted her custody in court yesterday.
    Meanwhile, Love had police arrest journalist Richard Lee outside the courthouse.
    The rocker told the authorities Lee had been stalking her.

Ashlee Simpson was ready to prove she didn't need to lip-synch when she took the microphone during the FedEx Orange Bowl half-time show on Tuesday night. Fate had a different idea. Ashlee began her performance with microphone problems. During the opening bars of her song "La La", Ashlee was barely audible due to a low microphone, when the volume was finally turned up, the 70,000 strong audience turned up the volume as well by jeering and booing the pop singer.

It Is Time To Celebrate These Birthdays Today
    [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]
    Long John Baldry (1941)
    Rush Limbaugh (1951)
    Ricky Van Shelton (1952)
    Howard Stern (1954)
    Rob Zombie (1966)

I am glad that my reports are being enjoyed. It's something I like to keep up on and I don't mind shareing. Thanks fer the words of encouagement Schemy, Gus, and Delvin.
    [img]cool.gif[/img] roGER

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rog,
    I tune in to a local rock station (WDVE outta Pittsburgh) every morning for their hourly news on celebrities. Now I can get a double does by tuning in to the board. Thanks!
    Sportyfan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On April 26th, PBS wil broadcast "End Of The Century: The Story Of The Ramones" as part of Independent Lens April Music Month.
    Tracing the history of the band, and the sad fates of Joey, Dee Dee & Johnny.
    End Of The Century is described as a "vibrant, candid document of one of the most influenstial groups in the history of rock".
    It will feature interviews with Debbie Harry, The late Joe Strummer, Eddie Vedder.
    The film, directed by Jim Fields and Michael Gramaglia will debut on PBS seires Independent Lens hosted by Susan Sarandon.

Paul McCartney and his wife, Heather, have donated 1 million pounds (nearly $1.9 million) to the International Rescue Committee U.K. to assist people in areas struck by the recent tsunamis.
    "The McCartneys have our deep gratitude for their extremely generous contribution," IRC president George Rupp said in a statement. "It will have a major impact on the capacity of IRC emergency teams in Aceh, Indonesia to deliver lifesaving assistance to tens of thousands of people from devastated communities."

MTV reports: If you weren't hip enough (or old enough) to join Sub Pop Records' now-defunct Singles Club in 1988, now's your chance to score the entire run of rare 45s by the likes of Nirvana, the White Stripes, the Get Up Kids, Death Cab for Cutie, Sonic Youth, Modest Mouse, Soundgarden and more. Someone has posted their entire collection of more than 125 singles on eBay in an auction that ends on Thursday. The bad news? Bidding has already hit $4,500.

Nicole Eggart (who posed nude on Sugar Ray's first lp cover) turns 33 today, And former Baywatch Babe, Traci Bingham is 34. [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]

rOgEr

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Sportyfan, I can't promice daily reports, but I will post every chance I can get.
    <marquee>Stay Tuned ... More Music News Later</marquee>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

R.I.P James Arthur "Jimmy" Griffin, who was a founding member of the 1970s pop group Bread and shared an Oscar for co-writing "For All We Know," died of complications from cancer. He was 61. He died Tuesday at his home, sang harmony and played guitar with Bread, whose soft-rock hits included "Make It With You," "Baby I'm-a Want You" and "Everything I Own."

R.I.P. Spencer Dryden, drummer for the San Francisco rock band the Jefferson Airplane, died of cancer Tuesday in Petaluma, Calif. He was 66

72-year-old billionaire Dickie Lugner is coughing up ?500,000 to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell in return for her being his date at Austria's Opera Ball in Vienna.
    Dickie has previously purchased dates with Pamela Anderson, Sophia Loren, Grace Jones and, um, the Duchess of York. He told reporters that he chose Geri because of her wonderful smile.

[img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] Birthday Boys [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]
    T-Bone Burnett (1948)
    David Grohl (1969)
    Slick Rick (1965)
    LL Cool J (1968)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

ON THIS DAY....
    1954 Marilyn Monroe marries Joe DiMaggio
    1957 Humphrey Bogart dies of cancer
    1986 Voyager 2 sails past Uranus

[img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Madonna and Mary J. Blige are set to meet in a new court battle over the song "Holiday".
    Publishers behind the 1983 classic claim Blige's song "Not Today" from Barbershop 2 is a rip-off of the tune and they're suing the R+B superstar and collaborators EVE and DR DRE to prove it.
    New York musicologist JUDITH FINNELL insists the MAVERICK publishers have a strong case.
    She told Celebrity News, "It sounds similar enough to bear further consideration. Both the pitches and the rhythms sound closely related."

The dress Gwen Stefani wore on the cover of No Doubt's breakthrough album, "Tragic Kingdom," was stolen on Tuesday, January 11, from the Fullerton Museum Center in Orange County, California. The red vinyl dress was the central item on display in the exhibit, "The Orange Groove: Orange County's Rock n' Roll History." Crooks took the dress sometime between 2:30 and 3:30 pm PT, said the band's label, Interscope Records.

<marquee>Make A Wissh And Blow... Its Todays Birthdays</marquee>
    Muhammad Ali (1942)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooops I hit the [img]redface.gif[/img] Wrong button!

Todays birthdays continued;
    Jim Carrey (1962)
    Steve Earle (1955)
    Susanna Hoffs (1959)
    Kid Rock (1971)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Susanna Hoffs is older than me?! And yet she looks so good and... and I don't look as good. Boy talk about depressed. Of course I've never dressed the way she has either. Hmmm [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    Thanks again Ella