Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Gate City Football

I was speaking of SWVA (Region D and IV, I will also include Lebanon and Battle since they will be in D next year)

It is probably to early for a true preseason top 10 but here is how I see it

1 - Graham (started the season slow with the death of Carlock but were hitting on all cylinders near the end of the season)

2 - Richlands (Have the potential to be the top team in SWVA for the next several years)

3 - PV (We all were constantly reminded of PVs youth last season and while they may still be a year away from stat champ material they will be one of the better teams in A ball)

4 - GC (Always tough and returning the LPDs top rusher alone with the passable switch to a more mobile QB they should be able to Blow most teams out Talent wise and use a solid ground game to stay within striking distance of everyone else)

5 - Burton (As tough a team as you will find with under 300 kids however they still must avoaid injurys to repeat the succes of the last 2 years)

6 - Tazwell ( A very tough team that is stuck in a super tough district)

7 - Lebanon (Traditionally a tough team returning there entire backfield and should be a tough out for anyone)

8 - Va High (Have improved the last couple of years i look for this years club to continue this trend)

9 - Haysi (Lost a Ton but after leaving them off the list last year BigGamesJames would never let me live it down if I did it two years in a row LOL)

10 - Honaker (Same as Haysi it is hard to picture Honker without a tough team)

Again these picks do not consider reagion C if they did GW would be in the top 5

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL nah Counts I may leave them off my top 10 this year as well. Last year I knew everyone was underestimating them big time but this year they have a few gaps to fill so we'll see. I still think they are the favorite in the BDD but Honaker will be foaming at the mouth when Haysi comes to town this year. Honaker fans only like one thing more than beating Haysi...and thats beating Haysi really bad [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I saw last years team as being a regional championship contender from day 1...I don't see that from Haysi this year. This is the first year in about 4 years that they won't have a team atleast capable of making it to the regional championship...actually the team in '04 was the most talented team they've had in the last 10 years but they laid an egg over at Honaker and didn't make the playoffs. I wanted to see that team play PV that year. This years team does have a nice sophomore class coming in though so they could surprise and play somebody like PV or GC a good game come playoff time if some of those kids step up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since GC's QB from last year graduated, who is going to be at QB for Gate City this year?

Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Popular rumor has Vince Young coming there since he still has eligibility and you have to go to GC to get good competition.

[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Inactive Member imported_oldblue's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if the devils can play richlands to a tight game i believe it will be a huge emotional boost that can help them thru district play

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12