Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Raiders

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 227raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Raiders

    I thought the raiders looked pretty thin last night during the practice they had. Devin looked good throwing and the front line is pretty big. I Also thought it was petty cool to practice that late. Had a pretty good crowd out to be late.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    I think it was an awesome idea. I hate preseason scrimmages though because everybody has crazy predictions. I remember last year after our scrimmages and jamboree that people were predicting that we would do no better than 6-4 or 7-3. These were Nortonians too. Nobody can go by what they see in scrimmages because most coaches are only working on things that need work or plays that the players need live reps with. That is the whole point of scrimmages and not just running up the score to impress the fans.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    That late of a intersqad or what not is sort of wild. I wonder what the parents thought.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    I don't know but there was a bigger crowd for that last night then there ever is on normal saturday hitting.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    Is Devin Talley basically set to be the starting QB this season? Or is the position still up for grabs?
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    Im guessing he does have the job.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    I wouldnt be shocked if they don't split reps with him and Honeycutt.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    Last time I talked to him about it, they werent working him out any at qb...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    I'd heard about Hunnicutt previously being one of the contenders for the position, but I'm assuming that the way you're talking, this is no longer the case?

    I remember last year he was one of the backup QB's, but since you say they're no longer working with him at QB, does this mean they've moved him away from the position all together? If so, who else has stepped up at this point? It'll be interesting to see how it all comes together this year.
    Officially retired

  10. #10
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raiders

    Yes he was and was pretty good.
    Then I guess when Talley played some last year they just went with him. But when I talked to him about the situation was 1st semester during weightlifting last year so its been a couple of months, mightve changed it but thats what he said...Rock may be right though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •