Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tribe-dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    If you think that JJK is the only team that has done that goalpost deal on the road,then you are sadly mistaken. If memory serves me,PV done the exact same thing at Riggs. Again,those goalposts DO NOT belong to you as the home team. Disrespect would have been coming through while the Dawgs were hitting the field,assembling in the middle of the field and stomping on it...etc. There's nothing wrong at all with gamesmanship. Tom Turner was great at it.
    gamesmanship does not equal FIGHTING

PV may have entered thru the goalpost, I dont know, i dont remember.

but I do know there has never been a situation like that at a PV/Appy game, and we HATE each other.

If Appy had did that to PV, Phil would have taken care of it, which is waht BI should have done IMO.
    Delay the entrance a minute, go talk to the refs or the AHS coach, and avoid a terrible situation that adds a HORRIBLE stigma to LPD football
    now people really think we are backwoods hicks who fight and brawl with no class

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Saying that though, this had nothing to do with fans being on the field. Them getting on the field only adds to the problems that could happen.
    But wasn't it the fans that set up the spirit line in that spot? I'm really just asking, I'm still trying to figure this all out. Did the cheerleaders for Kelly have something to do with it? Cause they cheerleaders are always bad for trying to try that, without knowing really what they are doing at any time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seems like it was. Regardless who started the fan garbage where, it still no justification for what happened after that, was my point. Who gives a **** where they enter the field from.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This whole situation is one reason I don't like fans on the field for a spirit line. When you get fans on the field it just opens the door for crap to happen. Made me do a lot of thinking and I may inform game management in my games that I am not allowing it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Seems like it was. Regardless who started the fan garbage where, it still no justification for what happened after that, was my point. Who gives a **** where they enter the field from.
    thats my big thing, why was JJK so hell bent on coming thru there? Did it mean that much to them? They are a better team, no doubt about that, I dont understand why the better team felt the need to make a scene like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UKCats1 View Post
    This whole situation is one reason I don't like fans on the field for a spirit line. When you get fans on the field it just opens the door for crap to happen. Made me do a lot of thinking and I may inform game management in my games that I am not allowing it.
    That sounds like an excellent idea.

If a situation like this can be avoided, then it should be avoided at all costs, this brings no good whatsoever to either team, and places a huge black mark on our district, and region.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UKCats1 View Post
    That'd be a great idea. Even better if it were a vhsl rule. Not just pregame either but post. I think it's more important that they not be on the field after when feeling are hurt and emotions are high. You have R13's incident a couple years ago and the Clintwood guy after Kelly (even though he was on the chain gang, he's been out there at away games) are two recent events that could have ended much worse.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know how many times I have seen teams run through our goal posts. Teams have been allowed to enter any way they wish, and NOTHING is ever said to them. The only problem that I know that we have ever taken issue with is when they come out the same time as our boys, and/or try to run over them. That's the only time I know that there has been a problem. As far as a spirit line, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is important to alot of us to show those young men how much we believe in them. And if they want a spirit line then that is what we will do. I completely agree with a parent who was sitting beside me, that if my child acted the way some of those Appy players acted, he would get his tail busted, I don't care how old he was. Decent people do not act like that.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Sportsfan View Post
    I don't know how many times I have seen teams run through our goal posts. Teams have been allowed to enter any way they wish, and NOTHING is ever said to them. The only problem that I know that we have ever taken issue with is when they come out the same time as our boys, and/or try to run over them. That's the only time I know that there has been a problem. As far as a spirit line, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is important to alot of us to show those young men how much we believe in them. And if they want a spirit line then that is what we will do. I completely agree with a parent who was sitting beside me, that if my child acted the way some of those Appy players acted, he would get his tail busted, I don't care how old he was. Decent people do not act like that.
    Clingy moms can have their "spirit lines" they don't need to do it on the field though. You can do it outside the gate as they enter, as soon as they come out of the locker room. Fans have no right, no authority, and no need to be on the field.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why does someone need a spirit line to show their support? What ever happened to getting off your ass and cheering?