Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: SEC Basketball

I know about the 10-0 ACC record but you said come close to beating them in the challenge and they almost did last year. Now granted, it seems everytime the B10 comes close to winning it one year, they get blown out of it the next. I'm not saying B10 is better than ACC as a conference, I was just saying it was close.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Let me give you big-ups Biggin' for staying with your team the whole year through. I see so many folks around here wear that UT orange through football season,and then rush the duds to the closet to grab that UK blue for basketball season. That burns me up,and it's as common as dirt around here. I feel you on the medocrity thing though: I like Miami and UVA,and basketball has been tough to watch for years
    My best friend back home has converted me to a UK football fan. However, that cannot in no way trump the 'Canes. He keeps asking me who I'd root for if they met in a major bowl...I would hate to have to break his heart.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gcdevil22 View Post
    SEC basketball as a whole is pretty down this year, which is saying something since they only sent 3 teams to the tournament last year

UK - will definitely get in, they're pretty dang talented, but much lesser teams are staying with them for far too long...that's gonna catch up to them

UT - will get in, they're also talented, and well-coached, I think they'll steal one from UK at home

South Carolina - will probably get in, but they might need some help from mid-majors...Downey is good, I like the freshman Jackson

Vanderbilt - might get in, but I'd put them more on the outside as the year goes along...Ogilvy is pretty good but the rest of the team is average-below average

Florida - will not get in, they've got a lot to build before they get back to the national stage

Georgia - will be lucky to get to the CBI

Ole Miss - might get in, they're probably in the same position as SC

Miss St - might get in if Sidney gets cleared, they already have a bad loss, and will undoubtedly pick up more Ls against UK, UT and Ole Miss

Alabama - will not get in, but Anthony Grant will have them ready in 2 years for a decent run

LSU - how far they have fallen...they won't get in

Arkansas - they have a lot of discipline issues, they won't get in

Auburn - definitely won't get in...see Georgia

I see 2 definites, 4 maybes...but I highly doubt all 6 get in...I'm gonna put the number at 4

the conference as a whole already has some pretty bad losses...there are only 3 undefeated teams left in the conference...tied with the PAC-10 as the lowest among the BCS conferences...and the PAC-10 is pretty flippin awful this year

if I'm playin the hypothetical game that is apparently popular here I'd rank the BCS conferences like this...

1. Big 12
    2. ACC
    3. Big Ten
    4. Big East
    5. SEC
    6. PAC-10

the ACC doesn't have the top flight teams this year, though Carolina could get there...but 1-10 are all good to above average teams

Big 12 has the two teams who I picked pre-season to play in the title game Kansas and Texas, then some pretty good teams in Oklahoma, OKSt, Missouri and Baylor

Big Ten has Mich St, Purdue, Minnesota, Michigan and Illinois...and Ohio State and Wisconsin are solid teams as well...Iowa and IU suck

I'd put the Big Ten over the ACC but not until the Big Ten actually comes close to winning a ACC/Big Ten challenge
    The SEC isnt nearly as down as it was last year.

UK is a legit top 5 team. Its early. UNC lost to Syracuse, does that mean UNC isnt any good? Syracuse is top ten now, but they werent when the season started.

UK has had one close game, the Miami (OH) game that Wall won.
    They've won the rest by at least 10 points.

and Patterson is a legit NBA player. You guys are bananas to think otherwise. He will be a 1st round pick, and will be a starter in the NBA eventually.

UT is a top 10 team as well.
    With Sidney, Miss State is a top 15 team, and Vandy will make a lotta noise and will def. make the NCAA tourney and make some noise.

I agree on the rest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can see Patterson being a first round pick, but I still don't think he will be an impact player at the next level. At best, he's Udonis Haslem IMO.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Up and down day in the SEC for basketball today. UT wins. UF upsets Michigan State, South Carolina struggles with Jacksonville, Mississippi State is upset and ETSU takes down Arkansas 94-85. ETSU shot 78.6% from behind the arc (11-14).
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    ETSU shot 78.6% from behind the arc (11-14).
    Hopefully they got all of that out of their system by Friday.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was in TBA once for a Buc win over an Allen Houston led Vol team.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you forgot that Bama lost to FSU today.

they hung tough, but couldnt match FSU. FSU played awesome defense, shutting Bama down.

JaMychal Green is a stud, and Torrance is long and can make plays, but they cant compete with FSU with great players like Singleton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234