Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: PV Baseball

Tradition!? You mean this has been happening for some time? Years maybe? And nobody noticed till now!!!???? What does this say about all those previously in attendance? Or does it say more about all those who have previously done it without being noticed?

If no one had noticed its not indecent exposure btw, the way I read the law on it anyway.

Sure don't want any part of this "pi$$ing contest" (pun intended) but just for the record I do sort of understood Biggin's point. The big issue is not what any of the kids did. The issue is what the administrations in all of these cases did or didn't do.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    I do not believe in any shape,form,or fashion that the kid should go to juvie. As far as damaged by this? A person has a right to not see that (it's not like accidentally walking up on a man taking a whizz in the woods). The anthem thing is what made it worse R13,and you are right R13-it was dumb (just like the kids from JJK were when they participated in THE VERY MINOR PIDDLY LITTLE SHOVING MATCHES -trying Biggin's approach here)
    Of course and he shouldn't have done it, no one has said it was the least bit acceptable. It's not something horrible though, it's immature as it gets, but pretty minor. I don't think the anthem makes it worse, I don't take it that seriously, sorry but it's one of a million symbols that are taken to seriously. And if you look around during it, you'll see half of everyone else being "disrespectful" too.

This is pretty funny when you think about, some kid whipping his johnson out in front of a whole crowd of people. LMAO. It should go without saying, he had balls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its not a tradition per se, just something that happens every few years. Its not the first time its happened, not the second time, but it has happened a couple times before, but its not a every game tradition nor a every year thing, its just something that some of the baseball guys do once in a blue moon.

I hope that explains it better, its not like touching a sign for good luck.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking about unwritten rules, theres a new one on me and Im a baseball guy.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To begin with, I never said to send him to juvy, all I said was that if it happened, then let the po-po take care of it. As I tried to explain in a p.m. to someone, it's not that fact that he did it, but the fact that he did it during the national anthem. To me and(yes, to most everyone else) it shows a total disrespect to the flag, and to everything that it stands for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The flag is a piece of cloth, that's it, what it does stand for is the right to do whatever the hell you want to with it and other rights just like it. It really stands for whatever you want it to, good or bad, we hold a symbol as something sacred...when it's the actual heroes that should be honored, not some song or piece of cloth.

It's the fact that he did it, if he had done it during after, would it be anymore okay? No, of course not. He did it because all the great patriots were supposed to be "showing their respect", but obviously we have some commies in the stands that were looking at this kids pecker.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, since centennialdawg fought for this country, does he not deserve to be p!ssed off about what he done during the national anthem, something he fought for?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    So, since centennialdawg fought for this country, does he not deserve to be p!ssed off about what he done during the national anthem, something he fought for?
    He can be ****ed about whatever he wants, doesn't mean the flag is sacred, pretty sure he didn't fight for a song or a flag...he fought for freedoms and rights, those are one of many symbols and stand for whatever anyone wants them to stand for(no wrong or right either way), just saying they shouldn't be worshiped.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My generation was taught that the flag was sacred. The kid did something wrong. I am sure his parents are embarrassed. Let the school and the parents handle this.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    He can be ****ed about whatever he wants, doesn't mean the flag is sacred, pretty sure he didn't fight for a song or a flag...he fought for freedoms and rights, those are one of many symbols and stand for whatever anyone wants them to stand for(no wrong or right either way), just saying they shouldn't be worshiped.
    Since you feel so strongly about exercising your rights as an american citizen, maybe you would be interested in enlisting and preserving those rights for future citizens to say and do anything they wish. Just sayin'..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....