Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clintwood vs Sussex Central

I will get it started. I am so glad that not any of the kids from Clintwood believed what was being wrote on this forum at the beginning and first of the year. You know, "the Lpd is weak this year, the whole area is bad in football, we will not have a team in this area make it deep in the playoffs, etc., etc.," I myself had doubts about this team from Clintwood. The quality of opponants have made this team better each and every week. Throw out the Grayson County...that does not exist any more...Hazard is better than Harlan ever though about being. Plus quality wins over Union and Gate City showed this team and gave them the confidence that they needed and showed them that they as a team can play and beat anyone.
    I thought the game yesterday would be close and hard hitting and I was right. I also had concerns if Clintwood ran up against a team with overall good speed. George Wythe I believe had 3 guys back that won the 4x400 relay state championship so their overall team speed was excellant. Clintwood passed the test again. The one difference was..George Wythe had never been hit the way we brought it yesterday! Now Clintwood will face another team with overall excellant team speed..Sussex Central.
    Did some research..Sussex has only played 4 teams with a winning record and they were tested by a 6-5 Altavista team a week before they played Covington. 88 points, and racking up over 500 yards rushing the ball is impressive but once again, how will they react when they get hit! Im not talking about tackled..I mean hit the way this Green team is hitting? What will hurt Clintwood is not having Dylan Dahley in the DEFENSIVE backfield. His brother Dalton is capable of carrying the load at QB!
    I believe Clintwood wins 34-22...smash mouth football and hard hitting will win this. Good luck guys and GO GREEN!!
    Last edited by Slobber Knocker; November 27th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Sussex Central

Quote Originally Posted by Slobber Knocker View Post
    I will get it started. I am so glad that not any of the kids from Clintwood believed what was being wrote on this forum at the beginning and first of the year. You know, "the Lpd is weak this year, the whole area is bad in football
    This was and is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Slobber Knocker View Post
    Hazard is better than Harlan County ever though about being.
    This is not even close to being true.

Agree with a lot of the other stuff you're saying. It should be another good one. I'm glad that they mostly run out of the spread instead of throw.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hazard beat Harlan 38-13. Harlan lost to Williamsburg 38-6 in second round of playoffs. Hazard beat Williamsburg the next round 28-0. Hazard is in the state championship game vs Mayfield.
    Hazard is way better than Harlan.
    Last edited by Slobber Knocker; November 27th, 2011 at 02:13 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah. You do know that Halan isn't who GC, Lee, PV ect have played right? That was Harlan County. Harlan City (you mentioned) sucks. Harlan County (that GC played) would destroy Hazzard. Hazzard is better than Harlan City, way, way, way away from Harlan County.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Harlan County and Hazard did not play each other...
    Harlan County 2011 Kentucky High School Football

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

10-4. My bad! I took care of the error. Was not knocking any of the teams that played out of state teams around here. Just an error. I live in Ky now and posted this for a couple friends of mine over there to read that live in Prestonsburg, Hazard, and Harlan and they all play each other and I have to put my two cents in about Clintwood

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I figured that's what you meant. There are very few teams around here that have anything for Harlan County or Bell Co. in KY.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And if I'm not mistaken, Sussex loss came to a team that was there only win of the year. Gotta love it, can't figure things out, and can't always go by what a team does versus one team and apply to it another.

It will be a challenge for the Wave, no doubt, but I have to say, this team has amazed me on there ability to accept challenges and step forward when people slammed the door on them.

Even being around a lot less this year than normal, I'm impressed with the unity they seem to show.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Loosing #2 Dahley actually helped on offense because it made Coach Mullins stop calling those stupid pass plays like he does. I swear I want to scream sometimes when I see Clintwood ramming the ball down the opponent's throat and then we try a spot pass or a quick slant or a little boot leg and it gets overthrown or dropped and kills the drive. I don't know if Rick doesn't have anyone in his ear telling him to quit calling those stupid plays or else he doesn't listen. I think everyone in the entire state knows Clintwood is going to try the same 4 or 5 runs each game over and over and no one is going to worry about the pass. My point is having #2 Dahley out is definately a bigger blow on defense than offense. If Dalton can just play mistake free and get all the snaps then he will be fine.

Inactive Member
    Clintwood vs Sussex Central

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hazard is Single A in KY. Williamsburg and Harlan are both 5A. So it is not impossible for Hazard to play either one of these schools in the playoffs. You need to do a little better job on you research.
    Last edited by stainless; November 28th, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
    Central Warriors The start of a new ERA!!!!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast