Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sickening...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sickening...

    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    What part of the story do you find sickening?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    The part I found sickening was that it was 13 pages long. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sickening...

    I thought it was an article about DOWN. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    Finished 5 pages, became bored.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    About the same here. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    [ QUOTE ]
    What part of the story do you find sickening?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The piece of trash that the article focuses on.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    Interesting perception.
    To each his own.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    What part of the story do you find sickening?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The piece of trash that the article focuses on.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp008106164.gif[/img]us. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp008106164.gif[/img]us. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp008106164.gif[/img]us. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

    How many times were they told to get out of New Orleans? What about that super mayor they have and the decision he made NOT to use the school buses to get people out of there? I feel for the folks who could do no better, but they can't lay all the blame at the feet of FEMA. They need to accept the fact that their local government failed them miserably, and that they themselves are much to blame for the plight they found themselves in since they didn't evacuate when told to.
    If you want some insight into why there was so much lawlessness inside the dome, one just needs to see one of her quotes to know the type people that were temporarily housed there:
    "It comes from working in nightclubs and hanging in the project," she says. "Everybody in the project has a nickname." Yeah, the "Project".

    My nickname for her would be about the same as the one I would have for the mayor of their city......

    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sickening...

    [ QUOTE ]
    "You know what? During the hurricane, everybody was having fun," she says. "We were just laughing.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The same attititude most people there had even after beign told for at least a week that they had to go that is was going to be really bad. They had the means to get these people out and Nagan locked up all the public transportation and left "His People" to fend for themselves.


    [ QUOTE ]
    "I told them, 'I have my cigarettes and I have my beer. Y'all go ahead on. I'll be here when y'all get back.' "


    [/ QUOTE ]

    [ QUOTE ]
    "The clubs here, at 2 o'clock, you can't get a drink," she says. "I think that ain't right. We'll just be going out at 12:30 and all I get a chance to drink is three drinks. When I start, I want to sit there for six, seven, eight hours.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    A grandmother of 4 and mother of 7 and all she wants to do is party all night.

    [ QUOTE ]
    They need to accept the fact that their local government failed them miserably, and that they themselves are much to blame for the plight they found themselves in since they didn't evacuate when told to.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    I did make it through the whole article and I have to go with NotSoSilentBob on this one. She was most likely the most upset she didn't have her "Kools and Budweiser," "Nothing else. It's got to be Kools and it's got to be Budweiser."

    I don't have any remorse for this woman, let her have her kools and budweiser and if she can't feed her family let them eat kools and budweiser, or maybe they can hit a waffle house after the clubs close at 2:00 in the morning.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •