Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: PS3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    PS3

    some of you may have not heard this but Sony has announced that they have dropped the numbers of PS3's that will be launched.
    Because of trouble with the Blu-Ray drive sony, from the launch date of November 17 through March of 2007 will drop the number of units avaliable from 2 million to 400,000.
    Does everyone know what kind of mess this thing will be. I bet they will be going for over $2,000 on ebay this Christmas.
    Everyone is going to act like it is the store's fault that they dont have any. I expect it to be ugly.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    [ QUOTE ]
    some of you may have not heard this but Sony has announced that they have dropped the numbers of PS3's that will be launched.
    Because of trouble with the Blu-Ray drive sony, from the launch date of November 17 through March of 2007 will drop the number of units avaliable from 2 million to 400,000.
    Does everyone know what kind of mess this thing will be. I bet they will be going for over $2,000 on ebay this Christmas.
    Everyone is going to act like it is the store's fault that they dont have any. I expect it to be ugly.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Its all about the money! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] No matter to me because I usually wait about a year before I consider buying something like that. That way I can see how well they do and which is the best.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    this is the perfect time to preorder a ps3, and make probably double what you pay for it... I'm hoping to buy 2 on the pre-order.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    I'd saay even if you pre-ordered them you wouldn't get them.
    I work with a guy who pre-ordered the 360 and he got one from walmart weeks after launch before his preorder one came in
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    [ QUOTE ]

    Because of trouble with the Blu-Ray drive sony, from the launch date of November 17 through March of 2007 will drop the number of units avaliable from 2 million to 400,000.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Wow, huge surprise there. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    Still will be the the best next-gen console on the market, by far.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    Could be true, but only time will tell.

    As of now it's looking more and more like an overly-expensive piece of junk.
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    And you're guessing that logic on....

    You just want the joystick to simulate your hand motion [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/arcadefreak.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    * Blu-Ray Problems
    * Pricing
    * Performance Problems (Hard to program for; Cell processor gives problems)
    * No "Wow" Factor
    * Crappy Games
    * Copy-Cat ("Me Too!") Methods
    (Motion sensors = Wiimote
    Online "Entitlements" = 360 XBOX Live "Achievements"
    Downloadable Genesis/Turbo Grafx games = Wii downloadable NES/SNES/N64 games)
    (All of which are clearly inferior to the designs they copied.)


    It's just a very unimpressive system.

    The Playstation was a great system, yes.

    The Playstation 2 was a VERY good system, yes.

    But the Playstation 3 looks very lackluster IMO.

    I gotta give it to Sony. They can really hook the fans..
    Officially retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •