Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: PS3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    PS3

    anybody have their hands on one yet?
    I picked up one last night and am excited to have it. It's a great system, and the price isn't so bad after you realize what you get with it.
    PS3 is wireless (don't have to buy the external thing like for 360)
    wireless controllers (without battery packs)
    blue ray disc..those are freakin sweet, u wouldn't believe how light they are and transparent.
    madden 07 is sweet, it's better than 360's... doesn't have owner mode though...
    it has internet browser capabilities... i can surf the web, and watch video's on youtube, etc.. just can't download, unless you buy an external drive for it..
    and it's a 60GB hard drive... 360 i believe is 9gb..
    looks good on my tv.. i've got a 27 inch HDTV.. nice pic..

    only bad thing I do not like.. it doesn't have a huge library like Xbox does online. Only a few demo's, movie trailers, and videos to watch.. but does have the Gran Turismo HD concept game online, it's sweet..
    and another thing.. this broke my wallet..

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    i got one a couple days before Christmas, only drawback to me is that there aren't as many games out yet, but obviously that's something that will change
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    Im sure this is a stupid question, but, can you playstation2 games on the PS3?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    According to what I've heard, yes. the PS3 is backwards compatible with just about all PS2 games. It is not compatible with PSone discs or memory cards though.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    [ QUOTE ]
    It is not compatible with PSone discs though.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I'm pretty sure the PS3 is compatible with both PS2 and (most) Playstation games.

    I looked around and found this site for determining games that are compatible:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    you can download all the PSone games

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JFDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    [ QUOTE ]
    Im sure this is a stupid question, but, can you playstation2 games on the PS3?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yes I play NCAA 2007 online with my PS2 and some of my online buddies are playing NCAA 2007 online with their new PS3.
    [img]http://www.bristolvaschools.org/vhs/images/bearcat.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    I'm going to get one of these things in the next week or so, but I'm going to be one pissed off dude if I cant play online at the college. I know that was the case with the ps2 last year, I haven't tried it this year.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    Another question....I've never actually hooked my PS2 up online...is this a big deal or do I just plug my DSL ethernet cord right into the back of my PS2 and go? (i have the small version of the PS2). I have been dying to get online and play NCAA07 and Madden07.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3

    Cool, thanks for the info. I don;t think I will be rushing out anytime soon but sometime I'm gonna get a PS3 and doubt I will have any cash left over to buy many games right off the bat.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •