Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Audioslave

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Audioslave

    It was posted on MSNBC today that Chris Cornell has left Audioslave. Furthermore, Tom Morello says that the Rage Against the Machine reunion at Coachella will be a one time thing. Both of the news is bad...I guess the silver lining could be whether or not Cornell can reform Soundgarden.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    I used to LOVE Soundgarden. I though that Audioslave was going to be great. It's been nothing but a big sappy, bag of crap. Cornell's voice is shot ala Brian Johnson. Time to be happy with the RATM albums and Badmotorfinger and let those two bands die. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more RATM though. Soundgarden and Cornell, I'm not interested in seeing back together. Mainly, I just don't want to hear Cornell unless he's doing acoustic and more mellow stuff like his solo work. It was quite good.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    I went to Lollapalooza 96 down at Douglas Lake in Dandridge. The line up was Psychotica, Screaming Trees, Rancid, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, and Metallica. Between sets they threw in the Shaolin Monk demonstrations and a 100 pound rat. Plus, the Ramones showed up unannounced. It was cool: outside, hot, muddy...kinda like a carnival. Exhibits everywhere. of all the bands Soundgarden and Rage stole the show. I think if Soundgarden reformed that Cornell would more than adequately fulfill his singing duties. His voice is not as strong as it was..but I'm sure he could work up to a good level of performance. Seiin' "Birth Ritual" performed live was a great thing.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    [ QUOTE ]
    Seiin' "Birth Ritual" performed live was a great thing.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    That would have been awesome to see. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't like the whole festival thing that you mentioned though. Outside, all day, with a bunch of drunks in the heat. No thanks. I'm glad that I got to see Pantera and Sepultura before they disbanded. Or at least before Max left Sepultura. I don't know if you've heard, but Ozzfest is free this year.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    Really it wasn't that bad. I don't think I saw one fight, but the moshing was heavy. Plus they had firetrucks spraying water from the lake over the crowd all day. I saw Pantera too. I saw em in a club in Dallas in 1992. One of my roomates in the army knew them personally and we sat and had a few beers after the show. It was great and it made me a Pantera fan for life. I thought about going to Ozzfest, but if they have any seats around the stages and it is free, I think things will probably get out of hand. Maybe, since the NC show will be later in the tour I'll go if everything has gone smooth up to that point. Somethin ya may want to check out tho is Bonnaroo in Manchester TN, in June. 4 day festival, 13 stages, over 100 bands, comedians, headlined by The Police and Tool. Site is www.Bonnaroo.com . That's where I'll be for 4 days this summer anyways.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    Too many hippies. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You wouldn't believe the exodus of hippies heading back up 81 when that things over.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    Clutch on the bill should pep it up a little. There are more bands on there this year that I'd like to see than ever before. Govt Mule, The Police, Tool, The White Stripes, Ben Harper, North Mississippi All Stars, Wolfmother, Rodrigo y Gabriela. Then there's Lewis Black, Dave Attell, and David Cross.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    Yep. I'll be goin' and duckmeat is goin as well. I expect it to be a wild time there. Can't wait. I have nothing against hippies...I was raised by 2...lol.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    Make sure you see Clutch. That'll be the best thing there by far.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Audioslave

    I've seen Clutch before too. Besides the ones u mentioned I wanna see xavier rudd, ziggy marley, widespread panic (again), Wilco, Ween, old crow medicine show (cuz of the buzz i hear about them), and Fountains of Wayne (just for the hell of it). A cool download is xavier rudd's version of "no woman no cry". Like I said, I can't wait.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •