Hey Chubz, do you know if and when the Xbox plans on releasing the next game in the Oddworld Series??
I think the argument here shows the issue, there are of course strengths and weaknesses of all the systems. The games that are limited to each system, depending on your tastes, will help make your decision.
I'll probably get a PS3 soon. Waiting for the first wave to kind of be fixed, get the second generation of it, so to speak.
I have a Wii, but so far, outside of it being fun (and actually a bit more of a workout to play *which is good*), I keep waiting for more games. The games released so far have been limited.
Played some XBox360 and its good, just never been terribly into so many Xbox games.
Right now, I would safely assume the XBox is ahead, just because it was out earlier and has more games. Doesn't matter how great your system is, if the games aren't there, the system is worthless. I don't think that there is a clear way of picking who is going to best of PS3 and Wii thus far.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Hey Chubz, do you know if and when the Xbox plans on releasing the next game in the Oddworld Series??
---Grip it.....and Rip It---
Gym Monster-Gettin' the train everyday!!
[ QUOTE ]
Just go look at somebody's PS3 with HDMI, compared to the 360 and you will be amazed.
[/ QUOTE ]
i have. i have a 50 inch samsung dlp 1080p hdtv. i can see no outstanding difference in games between the two. honestly, i think if i put a game of madden on my tv from the two systems and asked you to pick the one that looked the best, you would choose 360. im pretty sure of this because i have done it. movies is a different story though, as the 360 only plays regular dvd's. however it is only 200 dollars for the hd-dvd drive. add that with the 400 the system costs and it equals 600, same as the ps3. but you don't have to buy and expensive hdmi cable. and what are you talking about ship it off puck? i'm fairly certain that you don't have to do that, you just plug it in and go with it. also you can already rent movies in hd from the xbox live marketplace.
as for crackdown, yeah i think about everyone bought it for the ps3 beta, i know i sure did. i wasn't saying that they didn't. but that game is just fun. plain and simple. it actually surprised me because i thought it was lame.
PS3 comes in three different formats for tv's.
You have the standard for people who have regular tv's, then you have the HDTV cables (like the Xbox) then you have HDMI.
I have had my buddy's 360 on a HDTV side by side with my Madden on PS3, and the PS3 looked better in HDMI, was sharper.
But I like both systems. Each system is better on some things than the other. I'm lucky and glad to have both.
i have done the whole madden thing, but on the same tv.
but if you want the "true" 1080p then you have to get a hdmi cable. that is what i was talkin about. the 360 can do 1080p over component.
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Chubz, do you know if and when the Xbox plans on releasing the next game in the Oddworld Series??
[/ QUOTE ]
I honestly have no clue .. Did you play Oddworld Stranger? That was one of the most underrated Oddworld games ever; it was great but nobody ever talked about it. Not sure why it didn't do very well.
I actually don't know that there are any future Oddworld games in production, which sucks majorly. Yet another great, underrated series gone down the drain.
[ QUOTE ]
I have a Wii, but so far, outside of it being fun (and actually a bit more of a workout to play *which is good*), I keep waiting for more games. The games released so far have been limited.
[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, right now the Wii is sucking hard in terms of software.. there were so many promising ideas that were ruined (Red Steel and FarCry, being the two main examples), it really hurt the lineup.
The game I'm waiting on is the new Super Smash Brothers .. the new Mario and Metroid games should be neat, too.
Officially retired
Played and loved the last game in the series. I've enjoyed playing them ever since the PS days.
That's disappointing if they discontinue the series, I had heard talks that (and even in the sleeve of the 2nd oddworld for PS), that they were going for around 10 games i believe is what said, i'll find my old games and get back to you on that one though.
---Grip it.....and Rip It---
Gym Monster-Gettin' the train everyday!!
It's not looking good.. just checked Gamespot to see if anything was up and this was all I got:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/fangus/index.html
[ QUOTE ]
Fangus is a follow-up to Oddworld Stranger's Wrath and an action adventure game starring a shepherd named Fangus who must battle invading enemies who are threatening to destroy Oddworld and its inhabitants.
RELEASE DATE: CANCELED
[/ QUOTE ]
Yay. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Officially retired
Bookmarks