great job raider13. i wish you guys the best with this and hope you raise a large sum of money for the cause.
There will be a Walk-a-thon for St Judes Childrens Research hospital on May 19, at BHS. It will be between 2:15-3:15...Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and walk for this great hospital and cause.
Ms Yvonne Wampler, an Algebra teacher here at Burton organized this. She is a very strong woman, she lost here daughter ahile back (just 17 at the time) but she has continued to raise a lot of money for St Jude as she did before. I and another former patient Maddison Adams will be leading the walk, I am honored to be part of this and everybody should know about what a great hospital and cause this really is. Remember, this hospital runs just on donations and never turns a child down because they cannot pay or doesnt have insurance. As Danny Thomas once said, no child should die in the dawn of life.
If you have any questions, pm me or just ask it on this thread.
great job raider13. i wish you guys the best with this and hope you raise a large sum of money for the cause.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
Im just glad to be a part of it, shes using it as a way for a lot of kids to get extra credit for their classes while walking for a great cause....this is the first walk she has started and Im sure there will be many more...She also collect soda tabs for the ronald mcdonald house and you wouldnt believe how much money she has raised through that
I think she told me it also helps the Affiliate in JC a lot...and Ive stayed there a lot and it was a tremendous help, not having to stay in Memphis all the time and being closer to family...when I first started going there were about 5 affiliates in the US (maybe more now) but it was great having one close to home
Ditto to what Coach said. Doing community services, whether they affect you or not, is a wonderful way to gain maturity and a healthy perspective on the needs of others. I know you all will have a wonderful time and I challenge you and your peers to make this a yearly commitment, rather than a one time thing. Events like this need vibrant support and fresh ideas to grow bigger and stronger.
That will be up to them, Im graduating this year. But I am certain Ms Wampler will continue to do this for the the rest of her life. I will really be involved helping these causes out the rest of my life, i feel i owe that much. Im going to try and get involved with all the organizations...St Judes, Ronald McDonald houses, Make-a-Wish foundation, Give Kids the World, Caps for Kids(which is great, you may not know about it).Everyone i just mentioned helped me but feel free to ask me about any of those and what theyre about....
Thanks for posting this! My Uncle went to St. Jude's (he was 17 when he started going). He lost his battle when he had just turned 20. St. Jude's is a wonderful organization and will always have a special place in our family's hearts. I hope I can get our whole family to do this walkathon! I'm so glad to see something supporting this cause.
Raider13, I've not been on this forum for as long as others, and if you don't mind me asking you, what has happened in your young life for you to have to go through some of the organizations you have mentioned. Whatever it has been, I pray you have overcome these health issues.
I had Hodgkins Lymphoma when i was 12 and i got rid of it when I was 14(relapsed twice)...but I am just fine now, i went through some hard times but i think it has made me a better person....i have got to meet a lot of great people, from other patients, doctors, great nurses so i like to look at it as a positive thing...I would just like everybody to know what great organizations there are like these
Sorry to hear this and glad to hear this at the same time. Have a similiar story with a close family member. He has a blood cancer with all the stories of good drs., nurses, and other patients too. He is much older than you, so I'm glad you have already turned your experiences into something positive. Not wishing illness on anyone, but it really can turn your life around.
There is a baseball player from UVA Wise with Hodgkins Lymphoma, and I've contacted him. He has a positive outlook and plans on beating it and playing next season.
Heres hoping for a lifetime of remission and thanks for sharing.
Current UVA-Wise baseball player Billy Fox is currently battling Hodgkins Lymphoma. The school is selling bracelets for $5 to help with his medical expense. You can find out more information here:
Billy Fox
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bookmarks