Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Attention!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Attention!

    There will be a Walk-a-thon for St Judes Childrens Research hospital on May 19, at BHS. It will be between 2:15-3:15...Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and walk for this great hospital and cause.

    Ms Yvonne Wampler, an Algebra teacher here at Burton organized this. She is a very strong woman, she lost here daughter ahile back (just 17 at the time) but she has continued to raise a lot of money for St Jude as she did before. I and another former patient Maddison Adams will be leading the walk, I am honored to be part of this and everybody should know about what a great hospital and cause this really is. Remember, this hospital runs just on donations and never turns a child down because they cannot pay or doesnt have insurance. As Danny Thomas once said, no child should die in the dawn of life.

    If you have any questions, pm me or just ask it on this thread.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attention!

    great job raider13. i wish you guys the best with this and hope you raise a large sum of money for the cause.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attention!

    Im just glad to be a part of it, shes using it as a way for a lot of kids to get extra credit for their classes while walking for a great cause....this is the first walk she has started and Im sure there will be many more...She also collect soda tabs for the ronald mcdonald house and you wouldnt believe how much money she has raised through that

    I think she told me it also helps the Affiliate in JC a lot...and Ive stayed there a lot and it was a tremendous help, not having to stay in Memphis all the time and being closer to family...when I first started going there were about 5 affiliates in the US (maybe more now) but it was great having one close to home

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attention!

    Ditto to what Coach said. Doing community services, whether they affect you or not, is a wonderful way to gain maturity and a healthy perspective on the needs of others. I know you all will have a wonderful time and I challenge you and your peers to make this a yearly commitment, rather than a one time thing. Events like this need vibrant support and fresh ideas to grow bigger and stronger.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attention!

    That will be up to them, Im graduating this year. But I am certain Ms Wampler will continue to do this for the the rest of her life. I will really be involved helping these causes out the rest of my life, i feel i owe that much. Im going to try and get involved with all the organizations...St Judes, Ronald McDonald houses, Make-a-Wish foundation, Give Kids the World, Caps for Kids(which is great, you may not know about it).Everyone i just mentioned helped me but feel free to ask me about any of those and what theyre about....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attention!

    Thanks for posting this! My Uncle went to St. Jude's (he was 17 when he started going). He lost his battle when he had just turned 20. St. Jude's is a wonderful organization and will always have a special place in our family's hearts. I hope I can get our whole family to do this walkathon! I'm so glad to see something supporting this cause.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_rachelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attention!

    Raider13, I've not been on this forum for as long as others, and if you don't mind me asking you, what has happened in your young life for you to have to go through some of the organizations you have mentioned. Whatever it has been, I pray you have overcome these health issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •