Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: heartburn...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: heartburn...

    Drink beer and cuss about it alot. My uncle did that. Didnt cure him but eveerybody seemed to like him.
    GO VOLS

  2. #12
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: heartburn...

    I would def. go see a Doc or Nurse Prac. about it. As a quick fix before you can get in, put another pillow under your head. This will keep your gastric contents down lower and maybe help you sleep. Dont eat 1-2 hours before you go to bed. If you want to I would drink a good glass of milk every now and then, the basic properties of the milk will nutralize the acid in you stomach and provide a little relief for your esophogus for a little while.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: heartburn...

    I'm in agreement with the above all those have helped me esp. the not eating 2-3 hours before bed and sleeping with my head almost completely propped up while laying on my left side.

    In addition I've found that certain foods trigger mine worse than others so I avoid those things like pop/tea anything with caffeine, any type of fruit juice, tomatoes and tomato related products even ketchup, pizza sauce, etc., chocolate, fried foods all of those seem to make mine worse. Be careful too b/c some dairy products seem to make mine worse. I've also been trying not to drink much when I eat like was suggested in another thread and trying to have more frequent smaller meals instead of large meals...

    of course mine should disappear in a week or less when once our son gets here and I'm no longer pregnant, but if nothing seems to help yours you may need to see a doctor to make sure it's not something more severe.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: heartburn...

    i go through a pack of rolaids a day myself
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: heartburn...

    Lil Willie and Brittany had their baby lastnight, little boy I think he weighed 8.7 but Im not for sure.
    "Why so serious?"

  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: heartburn...

    Everybody Oaky? I hope?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: heartburn...

    Yeah everyone is doin jus fine ...
    "Why so serious?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •