I've seen that happen on occasion when the owner isn't working. But when he's there it's great.
Has this place went downhill over the last year or so? Wife and I had last eaten there 6/07. Went in tonight, had sloth-like service and the food was not what I'd expect from a place that showcases signs that state 'Romano's is not a fast food restaurant, all food is cooked to order'.
Why is Wise Co. so devoid of decent restaurants?
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I've seen that happen on occasion when the owner isn't working. But when he's there it's great.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I ate there Saturday. The food was very good, but the service was lousy. It took forever to get our food. We were getting ready to leave, the waitress saw us and came rushing out with our food. This was in the afternoon and it wasn't that crowded, so there was no reason for the service to be so bad.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has this place went downhill over the last year or so? Wife and I had last eaten there 6/07. Went in tonight, had sloth-like service and the food was not what I'd expect from a place that showcases signs that state 'Romano's is not a fast food restaurant, all food is cooked to order'.
Why is Wise Co. so devoid of decent restaurants? </div></div>
The people over the county are to lousy to do anything about it
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why is Wise Co. so devoid of decent restaurants? </div></div>
Maybe because no one has discovered how to properly prepare grits Lyonnaise! lol
because nice places couldn't keep help and would be dragged down to carppy service status
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
This is Wise County, and it is difficult to get high quality employees in restaurants in this area. There are so many that refuse to work in a restaurant. Then there are those that have worked in every one of them and can't keep a job and want to be on the payroll, but do nothing while at the establishment. THEN, there are the rude and obnoxious customers who are not polite or respectful or just don't even bother to tip and run the good employees off to other jobs in other fields. Then again there are the managers that expect to sit on there butts and not help out in the operation of the restaurant, and do nothing but yell and scream at their employees. Just a few of the reasons, but no where near all of them.....
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why is Wise Co. so devoid of decent restaurants? </div></div>
Maybe because no one has discovered how to properly prepare grits Lyonnaise! lol </div></div>
Hey now...grits are good for the soul..
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Me and the wife ate there back bout a month ago and it was one of the best meals I've had in a while. We both LOVED it, ate soo much I could barely move and couldn't wait to get home and lay in the bed afterwards. I guess it all just depends on whos working that day and whos doing the cookin.
"Why so serious?"
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why is Wise Co. so devoid of decent restaurants? </div></div>
We discussed this the other day after we ate at Oliverio's in Clarksburg. Although some would most people in this area wouldn't pay $16 for an entree at a non-chain place but they'll go to a garbage pail like applesleeze and get the burboun steak for $18. Heck I couldn't believe my bill was only $17 and change and that included drink and the best Caprese I have ever had.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Bookmarks